Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-11, 05:09 PM   #10
Ko_deZ
Helper EcoRenovator

Hi all.

Back with good news. That B3-32 unit is pretty much exactly what I ordered from this chinese factory. They take small orders, produce to specs (I did spec everything, from number of plates to sizes of connectors, where I did as I always do, oversized everything quite a bit, just to be sure). Prize was less than half of dudadiesel, and for what I can see, the units are really good quality. I got five of them, four gas->water and one water->water. Will be using these for different projects of course, but compared to local prizes here, I got 5 for half the prize of one. You guys have a better local prize, but you cannot beat these guys.

Anyway, it is very late here. I will get some pictures tomorrow if I can manage. There is a million projects going on around the house, making it winter ready, and my family is helping out, so I must prioritize this. Anyways, hold the HX orders for a little while, and you might save a bunch of money.

These 5 units weigh 21 kg btw. DHL sure had their work cut out.

Regarding the solutiong that RickReid (was that right) was looking at, getting cold from his well, this is how it is done here. No grout, and we use a normal plastic tubing like you use in slinkies and stuff. You can get high turbulence tubes that are corrugated inside to get higher efficiency. We just put it from top to bottom, U bend, and then back up, no fancy coil stuff. The longer the area, the more energy can be released/gained over long periods.
Would advice against a coil in the bottom. Also, depending on your geological situation, bottom of the well might be warmer than higher up due to heating from the magma below, radioactive rock (we have that here, gains a couple of degrees). Water is heaviest at 4C, so just above freezing, but the bottom is not always that temperature.
Also, why run it trough a heat pump? That water might be more than cold enough already. No reason to pump the compressor energy down into the well also, just run a direct heat exchanger on the water, then if you need more cooling, run the AC. As long as the water temperature is less than indoor, you will have "free" cooling energy.
Ko_deZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, diy, gshp, heat pump, homemade