View Single Post
Old 11-10-15, 12:48 PM   #15
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
If you are throwing together an arduino board to be a thermostat, consider using a Dallas/maxim sensor. They are pretty darn accurate and don't drift or bounce around like a thermocouple or thermistor.
The Arduino (Teensy) controller I built for my Freezerator did use a Dallas/maxim "1-Wire" sensor.

So 1-Wire is already in the Freezerator code.

In actual practice, I found that I was having occasional spikes that caused the compressor to start more often that it really should have. And that is why I included the 'smoothing' algorithm in the code.

I have pretty clear code for an LCD display in my CO2 sensor project thread.

In fact, the code is HERE.

Shouldn't be too hard to merge.

I went with a little LCD display because it was so easy to get code and to interface.

As the project progressed, I added a precision temperature and humidity sensor which allowed the calculation of relative humidity, so I got a larger display to show that information, too. I was thinking that my HRV controller might be programmed to respond to both CO2 and humidity. For your Freez-Frig, it wouldn't be needed.

Then there are BIG LED displays that would be more nifty, but you might need to do more thrashing around to gain that added degree of niftyness.

Best,

-AC