EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-15, 08:52 AM   #1
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Cool and cool for free

I found this to be pretty cool.

Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geo NR Gee For This Useful Post:
ecomodded (01-22-15), jeff5may (01-21-15)
Old 01-21-15, 05:22 PM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

And they said there was no such thing as perpetual motion!
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 06:41 PM   #3
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I was trying to think of applications to use this. Not sure how much air this would push, but maybe it would be great to circulate air in basements, storage rooms, etc. where the air is stagnate, or to keep air temps in rooms more consistent.
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 09:23 PM   #4
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

If you made it to scale , really really big scale you could generate power. The bigger the scale the more power , Imagine one 75ft in circumference , no need to stop there though , how much power could you get out of one 250ft in circumference , lots I imagine..
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 06:13 AM   #5
Ator
Lurking Renovator

Replace the drive shaft of your car with a few of these babies and voilą no more money to oil producers or use them to power wind turbines when there's no wind .

All jokes aside though, I hope everyone realizes that this is a guy who is good with VFX and there are no such things as perpetual motion machines.
Ator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ator For This Useful Post:
Servicetech (02-20-15)
Old 01-22-15, 09:13 AM   #6
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

A magnetic field protects our planet from the Sun's harmful radiation , now that's power.

The Earth with its magnetic field is a perpetual motion device which challenges the Ideas that its impossible to have a perpetual motion device.

All electrical devices use magnets.
Without magnets there would be no electric motors or iPods or any other intelligent device.

I strongly suspect that any idiot could make the little magnetic fan turn by using magnets.

Maybe I' m just the person to try ! ( lol )
I am curious if it was just one hard drive that he scavenged the magnets from., I am going to look online and find out..

Last edited by ecomodded; 01-22-15 at 09:31 AM..
Old 01-22-15, 09:39 AM   #7
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Found out that pulling apart a desktop hard drive to the get rare earth magnets will harvest 2 magnets

Might be a while before I can get my hands on 2 scrap hard drives , perhaps someone else on the forum has access to scrap hard drives.

( LOVE THE EDIT WARNING what a nice feature ,so nice and tidy looking )

Last edited by ecomodded; 01-22-15 at 09:51 AM..
Old 01-22-15, 10:49 AM   #8
Ator
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
A magnetic field protects our planet from the Sun's harmful radiation , now that's power.

The Earth with its magnetic field is a perpetual motion device which challenges the Ideas that its impossible to have a perpetual motion device.
The earth's magnetic field is caused by molten highly conductive particles spinning around in the core of the earth. Then you say but isn't that a perpetual motion machine, earth is not slowing down! Well actually it is slowing down ever so slightly. The magnetic field of earth can easily be modelled and explained using the theories of physics that exist today.

You can easily disprove this video, hook up a multimeter to a coil and place a magnet in it. The moment the magnet is stationary (Net Force = 0), there will be no current flowing through the meter; the magnetic flux = 0. The moment you pick up the magnet again there will be a current generated again. (If you don't feel like doing it yourself feel free to watch this video: )

The conclusion of this experiment is that when the magnets are stationary, there is no magnetic flux, which in turn means no induction current. So we first need to invest energy to move the magnet in order to create power and since entropy always increases this means that it will always be less than you put in.

I wish you lots of luck with your experiment. My prediction is that the fan will stay put, based on hundreds years of research, but hey it might work.
Ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 11:20 AM   #9
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

If Billions and billions of years is not enough of a perpetual motion machine for you are one picky mf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ecomodded; 01-22-15 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-22-15, 11:51 AM   #10
Elwin
Lurking Renovator

That's hardly a scientific argument. I was just trying to explain how this won't work scientifically. Try to explain why my science is wrong instead of calling me a picking mf

Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote