Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 02-13-09, 10:59 AM   #1
electronic spark
Lurking Renovator

Default Hello from Ontario, Canada

Short term goal

2009 brings peace and prosperity to all those I care about and love, relationships of goodness and kindness, healthy bodies and lifestyles.
I am helpful, courageous, bold, positive, happy, healthy in mind, body and spirit.

My 5 year goal (mature on Jan. 13th, 2011):

1.Be personally healthy in body, spirit and mind.
2.Help others professionally to attain health and coach them to succeed personally and financially. Develop public speaking and writing skills.
3.Have close relationships with God, family and those whom I am in contact with. Live in peace and harmony.
4.Live in an environment that has clean air, is quiet and peaceful, has many trees, has mountains, has a lake smooth as a mirror - possesses natures beauty.
5.Have possessions such as a nice, comfortable house that is environmentally friendly and uses renewable energy sources such as wind, sun & hydro, with sun-room and all year round greenhouse.

In our old house I had a solar water pre-heater, 330W of solar photo-voltaic panels for 12V battery bank, a 1500W pure-sine inverter and a 400W 12V wind turbine. With the inverter I powered the basement lights, computers, phone, fax and the solar pre-heater pump and controls. It was all DIY.
We moved in 2007 to Windsor city and don't yet have any renewable energy. House is already well insulated. Changed all 100 light bulbs to CF's and try to conserve energy with 4 kids opening doors on hause and fridge :-)
House is already well insulated. My wife hangs clothes on a clothes line, when weather is good.
We buy Energy Star appliances and we'll be getting a front load washer soon.

I'm looking for a small car to convert to EV.

electronic spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 11:14 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site. You're the kind of person we love to have here.

Any up and coming projects you'd like to share about?
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 02:23 PM   #3
jwxr7
Apprentice EcoRenovator

welcome to the site.

Did you leave the solar and wind power at the old house?
jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-09, 03:20 AM   #4
SVOboy
Administrator

Welcome to ecorenovator,

Check out ForkenSwift.com - EV conversion on a beer budget for a nice EV
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-09, 07:20 AM   #5
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Hi electronic spark and welcome on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronic spark View Post
5.Have possessions such as a nice, comfortable house that is environmentally friendly and uses renewable energy sources such as wind, sun & hydro, with sun-room and all year round greenhouse.
Great goal

Quote:
In our old house I had a solar water pre-heater, 330W of solar photo-voltaic panels for 12V battery bank, a 1500W pure-sine inverter and a 400W 12V wind turbine. With the inverter I powered the basement lights, computers, phone, fax and the solar pre-heater pump and controls. It was all DIY.
Same question as jwxr7 : did you sold all your material with your house ?
I have a 3kWp PV system : http://ecorenovator.org/forum/solar-...ls-thread.html
As my system in roof integrated, I have to sell it with my house, but my house value more. My selling contract will automatically be conceded to the new owner.

I hope nevertheless being able to install a small system, wind and/or PV, to nullify a part of my constant consumption (400-500W), as the one of jwxr7 : http://ecorenovator.org/forum/solar-...pv-set-up.html

Quote:
We moved in 2007 to Windsor city and don't yet have any renewable energy. House is already well insulated. Changed all 100 light bulbs to CF's and try to conserve energy with 4 kids opening doors on hause and fridge :-)
House is already well insulated. My wife hangs clothes on a clothes line, when weather is good.
We buy Energy Star appliances and we'll be getting a front load washer soon.
Good reflexes
The house being well insulated is an important thing.
Changing the washer is on our list of things to change, but by here the rotational axis is always horizontal wherever is the loading (front or upper), so it doesn't change the efficiency. Some washers have an hot water input so they doesn't have to heat the water by themselves. I have difficulties to quantify the gain.

Quote:
I'm looking for a small car to convert to EV.
The ultimate project. In our CO2 emissions, the cars are 66% of the total.

Have fun,

Denis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote