EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-09, 12:02 PM   #1
Hugh Jim Bissel
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Long time lurker, first time poster...

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a few months, found the site through Ecomodder, where I've been lurking even longer. Not a homeowner unfortunately, but I hope it won't be too many years before I can start putting this stuff into use for myself.

What prompted me to register was the threads discussing ground-source HVAC. For the last year I've been employed by an organization to help install a ground-source heating/ac system, so I've got a little info on the subject. I'm neither a HVAC tech nor an engineer (though that will change in a few years, Lord willing and the creek don't rise), so I can't comment too much on the design aspects other than how it was applied to our specific project, though I'll do the best I can.

Personally, I'm a sophomore studying mechanical engineering, I live in the DFW area, and, unfortunately (or so I think sometimes), I'm much older than my collage status would imply (turning 28 this week). As you might be able to tell from my username I enjoy a bit of wordplay (you didn't really think my parents would be THAT mean, did you? (my name's Andy in real life BTW, but feel free to call me Hugh)). I definitely enjoy a good pun, but I'll try not to punish you too much.

I'm definitely a book/info worm, but don't get too much chance for application, so I look forward to soaking up all the info I can (and even throwing out a bit here and there) and hopefully putting it to use soon.

Glad to finally be a card carrying member, and looking forward to meeting y'all (I live in Texas, I can get away with using words like "y'all", even if my spellcheck doesn't agree)!

Hugh Jim Bissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 12:26 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Haha, welcome to the site Andy. I read your post in the ground source HVAC thread. It looks like you know a thing or two. Glad to have you on board.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 01:22 PM   #3
SVOboy
Administrator

Welcome to EcoRenovator! Good to have you on board.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geothermal, ground source, hvac