EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-12, 08:17 AM   #271
Daox
Administrator

Yeah, the tractor is a 728. I have no idea what transmission is in it, but I'd guess its OEM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 08:40 AM   #272
Daox
Administrator

Alright, I got some pics uploaded. Still working on the video.

Here is the tractor after I got done blowing the driveway.

You can see the layer of snow on the front batteries. I'm not too concerned about this.

However, I am concerned about this. If I were to plug in to charge back up, that snow would definitely melt and possibly get in the nice chargers I have which would be very bad.

The back end had much less snow on it, so not an issue at all.

And, the part I was most worried about, my chargers in the rear were absolutely fine.

&
Old 01-18-12, 10:49 AM   #273
Daox
Administrator

And we have video! (thanks for the help Darin)

A little info, there was about 5" of snow. It was pretty powdery, so light too. Right in the beginning you can see me overload the blower a bit, I clutch in to slow the tractor down and it livens right back up. You can also see at one point the lack of being able to turn with the blower down. I left the little bit of giggling and stuff by the wife to give some reference as to how loud it actually is.

&
Old 01-18-12, 12:58 PM   #274
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Cool video!

You really need an ammeter/battery gauge on that puppy. Sounds like you pulled A LOT of amps when you first started blowing. Wetter snow will be a much bigger load, too. Prevent battricide!

I don't think chains on the front wheels will help a lot with turning - sounds like it's a weight issue more than anything (when the blower is on the ground). Only one way to find out though...

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 04:29 PM   #275
dh1
Helper EcoRenovator

That thing really works good.
The motor you have drives the tractor and the snow blower, it's got some guts, a lot more power than the one I have on ET2.
Be curious to know how many amps it draws to move the tractor and how many to drive the snow blower, conditions will make a difference.
Good Stuff.
dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 05:19 PM   #276
Daox
Administrator

Thanks, I'm quite happy with the performance.

I'd also like to know how many amps I'm drawing. However, my ammeter is currently broken. I should really replace it, but I know that my normal mowing use is well within normal parameters, so I haven't yet. Perhaps now is a good time.

&
Old 01-19-12, 12:24 PM   #277
Daox
Administrator

I plugged in to charge the mower up last night after the snow had cleared off of the chargers. When I checked it this morning I only used 1kWh of power. That is nothing considering the pack capacity is just over 7 kWh. My normal mowing takes about 2.5 kWh to recharge.

&
Old 01-24-12, 07:17 AM   #278
Daox
Administrator

I at least temporarily fixed the transmission last night. Per the previous owner's tip about 'sticking a screw driver in a hole and pushing a lever over', I am now able to shift again. If this keeps happening I'll have to take the transmission apart and figure out what is going on. Until then, the blower is ready to go.

&
Old 01-24-12, 09:13 AM   #279
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
My normal mowing takes about 2.5 kWh to recharge.
What?!!?! TEN CENTS to snowblow your driveway and TWENTY-FIVE CENTS to mow your lawn!?!?!

You are wasting your money! You should go out and buy some gasoline right now!

PS: I have a crummy little gas snowblower. It started fine when I tested it out a week ago, but I couldn't get it to start at all when we had actual snowfall. My gloves still smell like gasoline.
Next year I'll have the snowblower attachement for the Electrak, really!

bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 08:54 AM   #280
Daox
Administrator

Haha, yeah. The 2nd time I used the blower I was going to shovel. It was only about 2-3" of snow and I would usually just shovel it. But, it does take a good 45-60 minutes to shovel my section of the driveway. So I just jumped on the tractor and blew it in about 15 minutes. Its SO nice not to have to worry about noise, or gas, or smelling bad, or if the engine is going to start easy. You just jump on and flick the switch, thats it!

&

Tags
conversion, electric, lawn mower, tractor