EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-10, 02:00 PM   #41
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Ben will need to make provisions for this as well as for the rest of the units and their different measurements.
Maybe we could make a list (yes, another list!) of units which we will want to use. This should keep Ben's work down to a minimum, so he doesn't put time into something noone will use.

But we can do that when we get to that step.

Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 02:17 PM   #42
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

When I view my initial test data entry it links to a page about my home not the energy usage I entered. As well that entry is showing as blank. If I click on my name on the main energy tracker page with all the recent entries it does show my house data though.

<edit> this only happens for the test data I entered yesterday. 09/21/09 Every other entry seems fine although it would be more useful to see the data entered for that entry not my house info</edit>

Last edited by strider3700; 11-18-10 at 03:14 PM..
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 02:45 PM   #43
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

This may be hard/impossible but I'd love to see an automatic link to degreedays.net to grab our HDD and CDD automatically. We'd need to be able to enter/store the weather station ID but the rest could be automated I believe.
The Following User Says Thank You to strider3700 For This Useful Post:
Piwoslaw (11-18-10)
Old 11-18-10, 03:03 PM   #44
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Added gas & electricity for the last 17 months to see what happens with multiple entries. Waiting for the EDIT button to go online.
Old 11-18-10, 04:01 PM   #45
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

yep all of my data is up although the first entry needs different HDD/CDD entered since I used 16.5 instead of 18.5 for that entry.

also there should probably be formatting for the price entries. I dumped a couple directly from my spreadsheet that is something like 0.075466262319939...
Old 11-26-10, 04:58 PM   #46
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Enter to save the entry is annoying when you're midway through the fields. I just added an entry with zero usage of anything just some degree days info and the number of days on the bill by accident because I hit enter to go to next field instead of tab.

Also we'll need away to delete entries as well as edit.
Old 11-29-10, 01:39 PM   #47
Daox
Administrator

I just was bugging Ben this morning about working on this. He has been tied up with some things, but will get back to it tomorrow he said. Still lots to do.

Keep it coming with the ideas and suggestions though. The more you comment the better it'll be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 02:04 AM   #48
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

This weekend I finally downloaded heating degree day data for my area. I then took my gas usage, calculated (from the summer) how much we need per day for hot water & cooking, subtracted that from the winter per day gas usage, divided by HDD and got a more or less stable ratio - between 0.5 and 0.9 m3/hdd, mostly between 0.6 and 0.7. I guess it depends on many things: what temperature I kept the house at, outdoor wind, how much cooking or electrical load we had (that adds heat to the house), etc., but a season average can be somehow made out. I guess this is what I'll be comparing, winter to winter, to see if renovations had any impact. This is also how we could compare the houses in the ER energy tracker: (winter kWh - summer kWh)/hdd. Maybe that could also be a function of the house's area?

That number would be like a car's fuel economy - it would should how much energy is needed for certain tasks, but it would be possible to aim for reducing it, either through ecorenovations, or more efficient use (lowering the temperature, for example). I also calculated my sister-in-law's m3/hdd ratio and it was 20-30% more than our's. Their house is not only larger, but they also don't play with the temperature settings as aggressively as I do - their furnace is on more often then our's, even though they are hardly ever at home.
Old 11-30-10, 06:11 AM   #49
SVOboy
Administrator

Hey guys, been working. Taking the female unit to dinner in a bit but I will definitely have the edit button online and functioning properly before night's end. Will also update the todo list with all of your suggestions.

Currently taking votes on the next most important feature, which will be worked on either late tonight after the edit button or early tomorrow (japanese time of course), morning.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 11:52 AM   #50
SVOboy
Administrator

That took surprisingly longer than I thought to not even get it working.

I'm having trouble making it user friendly. Currently the editing appears to work for the home, but the drop downs need to be reset every time you go ahead and do the edit. I'll work on getting that fixed in the morning, as well as making editing live for entries (that should be easy enough). For the time being, I'm going to leave editing offline since I still haven't made it so you can't edit others' stuff. Yes, that's pretty key, but it won't be hard. It's 3am though so I'm really not getting anything done from tiredness already anyway.

Stay tuned for more in the morning~

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote