EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-09, 05:32 PM   #121
Daox
Administrator

This morning I went out with a few guys in the local EV club to a salvage yard. One of the members knows the owner and got the call that he had just gotten in a few forklifts. So, we headed off to pull parts. We got a lot of stuff, but this nice voltmeter will be going on the mower. Its also has an hourmeter on it. I just need to get in contact with Curtis to get the pinout for the gage. Apparently it is capable metering 24, 36 or 48 volts which is very nice if I decide to bump up to 48V.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 05:57 PM   #122
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Lucky dog. That'll be perfect for the mower. Are you still/also planning a meter on each battery? Or at least a single LED?

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 08:03 PM   #123
Daox
Administrator

Yeah, the individual monitors are 'very close' according to Tom (the guy who is designing them). They'll likely replace this gauge. However, since I am using new batteries, balancing issues shouldn't really be a problem.

&
Old 11-01-09, 07:53 AM   #124
beem0
Lurking Renovator

The Curtis website may have the info you need to wire it up. I found a manual for mine there.
beem0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 07:59 AM   #125
Daox
Administrator

I tried. The gauge must be an old model and they don't have the manual online.

&
Old 11-01-09, 08:53 AM   #126
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
balancing issues shouldn't really be a problem.
Shouldn't be! But you won't know for sure unless you monitor them individually. Strongly recommended.

Old 11-02-09, 09:24 AM   #127
Daox
Administrator

I agree, and I definitely will be getting individual gauges.

In other news, Curtis already got back to my email that I sent this morning. So, I have the pinout for the gauge. Very impressive customer service.

&

Last edited by Daox; 11-04-09 at 08:33 AM..
Old 11-04-09, 05:46 AM   #128
Daox
Administrator

I started working on the battery racks last night. I'm planning on putting one up front (requires modification to the grill/top cover) and two right behind the seat. I'll get pics when I get some good progress.

&
Old 11-04-09, 08:33 PM   #129
Daox
Administrator

Battery rack work continues. Here are a few pictures of the progress.

Here is the rack that will hold the two rear batteries. I cut the pieces but haven't done any welding yet as I am clean out of gas for the welder. It is made out of .75x.125 angle iron.

Here are the support braces. They are bolted to the frame up front with two bolts on each side. They are 1.5x.125 angle iron.

Put the fenders back on to test fit.

Throw a battery on it. Everything looks like it lines up very well.

Here is a lower profile shot. I will be adding braces going to the far extents of the rack to steady it.

&
Old 11-04-09, 08:39 PM   #130
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Wow! Now I get an idea of the size of those batteries. They're huge!

Your mower must be smaller than the Electrak.

Tags
conversion, electric, lawn mower, tractor