EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Renovations & New Construction
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-20, 10:45 AM   #1
Drake
DIY Guy

Default component ID in this design?

This is a hydronic control design that I might like to use for my new project but there are a couple of components that I do not know what they are or can fully see how they are plumbed. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

My hydronic plan is a single zone, single temp main floor in slab pex design but have a second floor(open to first) sleeping area. I believe enough heat will naturally rise to keep in warm(R 90 ceilings) but as it has thin slab passive storage floor I will be installing a single pex loop just in case. So the second zone design shown would be easy to add with this design if plumbed(and capped off) for if needed.

It's not quite visible but doe the hot line to the single loop second zone run behind pump and connect to to first zone hot line below pump? The line with the actuator valve?

I do not know what the larger silver box on the far left is/does for sure or the two white boxes above it. They must be to thermally control the zones in some way. Thank you for any input.

I do not see a sediment trap but would add one in the lower common return cppr run.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.18.08 AM.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	9052  
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 02:53 PM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

More threads makes it more difficult for us to keep your project in perspective. Alas, here you go:

The top left white boxes look to be setpoint knobs for two zones. Directly under them is the brain box.

At the bottom valve connected to the pump, there's a tee that faces vertically. The supply pipe for the top solenoid valve is behind the pump.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:52 PM   #3
Drake
DIY Guy

Thank you for the info. Multiple threads is because choices being explored/decided are about parts of the whole project that I think are somewhat independent of the whole. IE. many pump choices can circulate same pex loops. It's always been my process for DIY as open as possible. Some choices change the entire plan though. Learn as much as I can about each part and modifying as much as I can to get the whole I want. Just me. Get some great results most of the time.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote