EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-16, 12:51 PM   #1
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Heating and cooling idea...

So things are slowing down a little at work so it's given me some time to think.

So the general idea is to have each room of a building be on its own thermostat or possible all controlled by one central brain. Now the interesting part about this idea is the have a water to air coil in each room. Obviously when it's cold out hot water would be flowing and you could have a small efficient variable speed fan to blow that hot air around. Very similar to the idea of a mini split. The trick would be cooling and the condensation drainage. But I imagine it would look a lot like a mini split so it would be a matter of running a drain somewhere.

This way you could shut a room off or keep it cooler or hotter. Or at night you can turn the main part of the house down and keep your room warmer or even the baby's room.

Then you would have a central water to water or water to air heat pump that would make hot/cold water to be pumped around the house. Or in my case the winter time I could use my WMO burner.

Thoughts?

Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote