EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-16, 05:37 PM   #761
Roostre
EcoLearner

Looks like a great job done.

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roostre For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (12-23-16)
Old 12-23-16, 05:58 PM   #762
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The natural gas line is installed and pressure tested. I added the tracer wire and I installed a cat 5 network wire in conduit. I started to cover the trench but I will get my boys to finish it tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161223_165346.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	7499   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161223_180044.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7500   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161223_180103.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	7501  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-16, 08:14 AM   #763
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My boys covered up the trenches for me. The power wiring is done to the greenhouse I now need to run it into the greenhouse. It is much closer to being completely done.

Finally enough lettuce for lunch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1482625901183.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	7502   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161226_121033.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	7503  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-26-16 at 11:30 AM..
Old 12-27-16, 10:30 AM   #764
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I now have natural gas to my tankless water heater in my greenhouse. My circulation pump does not put enough pressure to turn on my tankless heater. the small Greenhouse tankless requires 40 psi static and 20 psi running. This same pump turns on my tankless in my house with no issues at all.
The new small tankless heaters will turn on with low pressure but not the one I bought last year.

I have a DC pump I was able to test with it and in 10 min I can raise the fish tank 1.5 degrees this is with the tankless set on its lowest NG flow. So I was pleased with this.
I did some research and two other people that made this setup work used Grundfos 3 speed circulator pump with an air separator.
So I have the pump flanges and air separator with reducers from ¾ NTP to PEX on order.

This pump has a 3 year warranty so that is good.

One of the other people that used this setup use two controllers just in case one failed it would not boil the fish I might do that later.

During the test the SS coil in the FT was doing a great job exchanging heat in this closed loop setup.
I was not sure I had enough water volume but so far it looks fine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GfPump.JPG
Views:	852
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	7505   Click image for larger version

Name:	As.JPG
Views:	958
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	7506  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 12-29-16, 09:30 PM   #765
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My new pump and air separator came in and are installed. The new pump had switch that changes the speed but it was broken I was able to test it out at low speed. It was working well I was able to heat up the fish water to 71F. I do think I will run the pump on med speed that way I can run the water through the heater a full speed.

But even at low speed the heater was sending 45C, 113F water through the loop. This is with the natural gas setting on the lowest setting.
I will be setting up my controller this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161229_211714.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	7509  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 12-30-16, 10:04 PM   #766
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My stainless steel heat exchanger developed a small leak. This heat exchanger only lasted a little over a year this is to short time for the cost.

I decided to go a different way. I saw a couple heat exchanger made out of Pex and they had been using them over five years. I decided to make similar one out of 100’ Pex.

I need to mount the temp controller in something. Right now I have the circulator pump plugged into a timer on 15 minutes off 15 minutes then the temp controller is set to 72 degrees with a 1 degree swing. This small Tankless heater has a 20 minute safety shut off. The timer keeps it running by resting it every 15min.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161230_190335.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	7510   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161230_190359.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	7511  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 12-31-16 at 09:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
stevehull (12-31-16)
Old 12-31-16, 11:48 AM   #767
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I have my web monitoring setup. It will monitor up to six zones plus power outage and it has a small battery backup. I have two float sensors I want to add to it one for pump flow and one for sump tank needing refilled.

This web600 has a built in web server and you can log any zone for any period time. You can setup up alarms that will text me and email me it has tons of options. It was designed for monitoring data centers or cold storage.

here is a screen shot of the web view.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MG.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	7512  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-01-17 at 07:09 AM..
Old 01-01-17, 11:54 AM   #768
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

How much did that controller set you back? Looks pretty interesting.

Blog that is down right now but will return

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 09:44 PM   #769
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The web600 is an older model so you can pick it up on eBay for $250-$149. This system uses an old email style SMTP server. The company host their own server and will setup up you an account if you call their helpdesk.

We picked two heads of lettuce and my wife made taco salad.

I finished the tankless heater controller box. This controller can control up to 10 amps. They make a 12v, 110v, 220v version.

It is very similar to this build.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161231_123642.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	7513   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161231_134328.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	7514   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170101_192134.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	7515  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-02-17 at 01:54 PM..
Old 01-02-17, 08:46 AM   #770
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

I should have been looking for one of those.. I just purchased a back-up for my old CAI.
Remote monitor control temp humidity I/O WebControl X10RF new hw rev 2.3.8 | eBay
It's a little better than the old model, but should be a drop-in replacement..

I want to use my really old CAI board (now in the spares box) to build a water leak & Radon warning system.
That was the 1st CIA I got, it had bad RH detection firmware.. Negative numbers..