EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Wind Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-12, 05:41 PM   #31
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Inappropriate post about 2 years ago..

Last edited by Xringer; 02-02-15 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate post was too OT
Xringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 03:01 PM   #32
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Wind Energy in Spain...

I'm sure that 65 year old memories of rusting wind powered water pumps and dreams of a miraculous nuclear future offer comfort, they are not of the present, and have nothing to do with this thread.

In an effort to redirect this thread away from technologies that have nothing to do with Spain, or wind, or technologies that are not available, and even more importantly, offer no relevance to us in any way as EcoRenovators...

I found a very interesting link to an Energy and Materials Conference that is happening in Spain, on Feb 25, 2015.

It's good to see that Spain's success is relevant, recognized and is being seen as an inspiring example for future endeavors in alternative energy.

Here are the areas of discussion:
  • Biomass - Biofuels
  • Solar Energy [presumably PV]
  • Solar Energy [presumably thermal]
  • Fuel Cells
  • Hydrogen
  • Wind Power
  • Geothermal Energy
  • Hydropower. Wave and Tidal Power
  • Nuclear Energy and Materials
  • Energy Production from Fossil Fuels
  • Energy Harvesting Materials
  • Energy Transmission, Distribution and Storage
  • Advances in Lighting Materials
  • Energy-Efficient Buildings
  • Materials, Processes and Systems for Energy Saving and Sustainability

Note that of the fifteen areas of discussion, only on of them concerns nuclear energy.

I wish this conference was closer, I'd really love to go... maybe they have EcoRenovator discounts.

-AC
Old 02-02-15, 08:13 PM   #33
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Spain at a standstill : Spain at a standstill | Windpower Monthly

SPAIN: New legislation has left one of wind power's biggest and most successful markets in a state of complete paralysis, with some Spanish developers seriously considering dismantling their projects and selling the turbines on the second-hand market.

On 9 June the Spanish government rubberstamped its austere and retroactive regulation, slashing income for all existing renewables technologies and ending support mechanisms for new capacity. As a result, the national wind-power market entered a stage of full paralysis, according to practically all speakers at Spanish wind energy association AEE's annual convention, held the following day in Madrid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 12:48 PM   #34
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Spain at a standstill : Spain at a standstill | Windpower Monthly

SPAIN: New legislation has left one of wind power's biggest and most successful markets in a state of complete paralysis, with some Spanish developers seriously considering dismantling their projects and selling the turbines on the second-hand market.

On 9 June the Spanish government rubberstamped its austere and retroactive regulation, slashing income for all existing renewables technologies and ending support mechanisms for new capacity. As a result, the national wind-power market entered a stage of full paralysis, according to practically all speakers at Spanish wind energy association AEE's annual convention, held the following day in Madrid.

All signs are that the technology is viable. The problem is that just like the US has done, Europe is allowing financial institutions to dictate economic policy.

What you are seeing is what happens when you let the IMF and World Bank lend a helping hand.

This is how the 1% (or more correctly, the 0.1 %) feeds off of the planet.

Countries are slowly wising up. Iceland, Brazil, Argentina are refusing the assistance of the IMF and the World Bank, and they are beginning to bloom.

It looks like Greece is going that way, too.

-AC

ecomodded (02-03-15), NeilBlanchard (02-03-15)