EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-20, 01:35 PM   #741
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
Your comment isn't as odd as it may seem on the surface. I spend my weeks sitting behind a PC pushing a mouse creating digital design projects, but I find doing tangible hands-on projects on the weekend much more fulfilling. My most recent weekend accomplishments have been a collection of 2-cycle engines. Whether it's fixing the 20" chainsaw I picked up for $10, or the 2-cycle string trimmer my neighbor tossed on the swale for the trash collectors... Rebuilding a mini-carburetor and replacing a few fuel lines to get a small engine running is a skill that some will never master. Meanwhile, I have two running string trimmers and two chainsaws for every property we own... Then there were the two generators my neighbors tossed out for the scrap guys. One had a blown generator head. I took the Robin (Subaru) engine from one, and installed the 5KW generator head from the other. Then, I dialed in the frequency to 60Hz using my Kill-A-Watt... I also managed to resurrect the Briggs & Stratton engine from the donor generator, which I will likely gift to a friend to repair his mom's generator.

Next weekend project will be pulling the hydraulic leveling jacks off the RV frame to have the seals replaced.
Cool projects. I love saving stuff from the scrap yard. Those Subaru motors are good motors.
You could probably sell the copper from the bad head.

My son is starting collage and the tractor accessory's are slowing a little and my other work is really picking up. I guess it is all working out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 04:25 PM   #742
mk1st
Friend of Entropy

Very nice!
mk1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 11:21 AM   #743
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Here is what it looks like when you have a bad microinverter. This is why I like microinverters. The rest of the array keeps making power. Enphase has made it so you do not have even call in.

I highlighted the top left where you click to fill a claim. I did this and they approved sending me a new one.
I keep a spare on hand so once they have shipped my new one I will just swap it out.

2/1/2021 I just got a tracking number from enphase they shipped out my replacement microinverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Issue.JPG
Views:	2745
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	9147  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 02-01-21 at 09:48 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 05:34 PM   #744
mab
Lurking Renovator

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a path for battery backup when using Enphase M215 micro inverters?
thanks,
Mike
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 12:47 AM   #745
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Mike,

Enphase makes a whole microgrid setup. The batteries come in 3.4 kwh (encharge 3) and 10 kwh (encharge 10) capacities. The hub that connects the grid, the panels, the batteries and the home is called the "enpower smart switch".

Read all about it here:
https://enphase.com/en-us/ensemble-t...ase-installers
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-21, 01:05 AM   #746
mab
Lurking Renovator

Thanks Jeff. I'll check it out.

mab is offline   Reply With Quote