EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 03-11-14, 02:58 PM   #11
Rossleatherguy
Lurking Renovator

Thanks for all the replys. For my wife and I we will not do solar if we have no power when the grid is down. Total off grid is not a must, just a wish. The power company here speaks out both sides of their mouth about supporting solar. We have no space or shade issues. Was not aware of the D.C. Option on the well. Researching that now, it is 300 feet deep. I realize this is a DIY site. I could DIY the job if I had time, but I don't. Was looking for opinions on components, materials, what to avoid, etc. Want to avoid as many problems as possible. I realize it will take maintiance and that I can handle. As far as someone who won't provide the design service, well I won't do business with them. I don't expect them to give me the blueprints and specs. If I don't buy from them. Thanks to all who have replied, Ross

Rossleatherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 05:01 PM   #12
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Ross, I'll state my bias here: I don't like Xantrex inverters but they do make a reasonable grid connect with battery back up. The one I would pick is the Outback Radian but it is 8kw which may be more than you want/need (you can run it with less panel than 8kw). There are some Chinese products that are smaller/cheaper but I would really be careful with them as most don't honour warranty or are UL approved.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 03:20 PM   #13
ButchDeal
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
The one I would pick is the Outback Radian but it is 8kw which may be more than you want/need (you can run it with less panel than 8kw). There are some Chinese products that are smaller/cheaper but I would really be careful with them as most don't honour warranty or are UL approved.
I like the OutBack versions as well. What do you think of the Flexpower One.
This is the system I used for my Bimodal 3kW system, with a step up transformer for the 220V for the well. They also have the FlexPower 2 but that was larger than I needed for my 3kW system.

One of these systems might be perfect for needs here with small emergency panel for off grid use. A generator can be added latter if needed more power is needed.

ButchDeal is offline   Reply With Quote