EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-09, 06:59 AM   #1
almightybmw
Lurking Renovator

Default Solar Moose

www.solarmoose.com

This isn't mine, but it is my parents. Last summer they started cutting trees to clear space for the solar array. In January it was fully installed and making juice.

My mom is using a dell mini9 to run the data logging software uploaded to the web server. She recently hooked up a webcam so one can watch the array track the sun throughout the day. The attached picture is at 3:49am, currently producing nothing, but within an hour it should start. How is that possible? ALASKA. Mom estimates 16-18 hours of production for the summer, it's currently at 16-16.5 hours daily.

If she wasn't so busy with retired life (who knew, right?) right now I'd ask her to writeup a short story on the build.

I think the best part of the whole thing is it's rated at 2730W, but if you look at the history it exceeds that quite often thanks to the 60* rating, and the sub 60* temps they're seeing currently. Nothing like "overclocking" your solar array.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	webcam.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	223  
almightybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 09:12 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

That is very cool! If I'm reading the logs correctly, on some days it is hitting 10 times its rating. Thats amazing. I really like that its all hooked up to the internet too so other can see what its doing.

Daox is offline   Reply With Quote