EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-11, 05:52 AM   #1
osolemio
Hong Kong

Default Login timeout

When I log into this forum, I will be logged out again after something like 5 minutes. From previous bitter experience, I have a habit of marking all text and copying, before pressing any "submit" button. If it takes me longer time to reply to a post here on EcoRenovator, I surely have to log in again, and the paste my reply back into a new post.

Do I need to change some cookie behavior? Other sites will remember my login using cookies, for weeks without problems.

Old 01-03-11, 06:10 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

If cookies are enabled I don't think you should have this problem. I just click the 'remember me' checkbox and I stay logged in.

Is anyone else having login problems?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 07:45 AM   #3
osolemio
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
If cookies are enabled I don't think you should have this problem. I just click the 'remember me' checkbox and I stay logged in.

Is anyone else having login problems?
I do click that, but there is no difference.

I wonder if I can make some manual setting which will make it work?
Old 01-03-11, 11:12 AM   #4
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

I sort of have issues at times but it seems to be browser dependent. using chrome sometimes it can't find ecorenovator.org forcing me to use into Ecofriendly DIY Home Projects. once there I log in it says thank you and drops me back at the login screen needing to log in again. I don't get this behaviour if I'm using other machines. It also only recently started up so I think an update in chrome is what broke it. I'm just waiting for the next one to come out before getting serious about figuring it out.
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 01:24 PM   #5
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Osolemio, you beat me to this thread!
I've also noticed that I get logged out of ER within 5-10 minutes unless I keep clicking something all the time. I've learned to use the preview quite often when writing a reply, and to copy what I've written, just in case.

EcoModder.com keeps me logged in much longer (20-30 minutes?) before logging me out, and I don't use the 'Remember me' option on either site.
Old 01-03-11, 04:42 PM   #6
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

vBulletin first advises that you log out, delete all cookies, clear your cache, close the browser.

Then open the browser and log in again being sure to use the "remember me" checkbox.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 04:47 PM   #7
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Note: they also say "Chrome (browser) is a known problem" regarding this behaviour.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 06:21 PM   #8
RobertSmalls
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I had to manually whitelist this site in Mozilla's cookie settings under Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Exceptions.
RobertSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 06:57 PM   #9
Clev
Wannabe greenie

I had this problem for a while with Firefox; I never did anything to fix it so I guess it was a Firefox update that fixed it for me.

Clev is offline   Reply With Quote