EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-10, 07:52 PM   #1
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Default electric mini ride on mower over haul...

before i begin this post here is what i am writing about Armando's Mini Ride on Mower
back in October i made my version of a mini ride on mower. i made it from all the junk laying around the garrage and back yard.. it will not win any beauty contest but was did it's job without any problems till last week.the batteries were 10 years old and she finally showed her age.. i went from 55 minutes of cutting time to 12 minutes.so the mini is going to get a little over haul. anyway i went out to walmart and bought 2- 12volt 115 amp hour batteries... when i got home a put my game plan together for what i would do with the mini. first i will replace the 350 watt drive motor with a 500 watt one. i have modifies the motor just a little.. took it apart and drilled breather hole on both end caps so the heat will vented out and fresh air will come in... i have done this with the cutting deck motor, and it runs cool now rather then before where you could not even touch it.. i'm only using the 500 watt motor because the 350 watt one seen to be working a little harder then i wanted it to. next i am going to use a fuse between the 2 batteries. i have a bunch of these 80 amp fuses.. again i need to modify it to fit my setup.. so i drilled a hole on each side of the tabs.. easy mod. i am trying to do all the prep work now and then put it all together.. i will also be relocating the batteries from the middle of the mini to the rear above the axle so the axle will be supporting the weight of the batteries rather then the frame.. the tank will be coming off and be replave with something else(which i have not decided what to replace it with yet). the controller will be replaced with a strong one and hidden where the old batteries were at.. the cutting deck is now 22" rather then a 19".. the deck may be replace down the line with a 38" deck but not right now i want to see what kind of cutting time i get with these new batteries.. i think it will be 2 -3 hours but as alway we will have to wait and see.. i'm hoping by next week the mini will be up and running again..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2327.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	728   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2330.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	729   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2331.JPG
Views:	476