EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-13, 06:14 PM   #1
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290
Default Heat Pumps, Appropriate Technology, Refrigerators

Hi everyone!

I know I've stumbled across this forum a couple of times, but for some reason I never looked around. I have to say, there are a lot of interesting projects going on here with the rich conversation to go with it. I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of real, hands on DIY HVAC projects on the internet. I was starting to think their wasn't anyone out there passionate about fiddling with and improving vapor compression systems.

I've done some work with some small, rebuilt dehumidifiers in my garage using BBQ grade propane as a refrigerant. I had a hell of time finding much useful information about the stuff until now. It seemed like most forums are dominated by either HVAC techs who only want to work on the industry stuff or the engineers that often design unrepairable junk. I'm looking for people who aren't afraid to cut, braze and charge. There are a ton of interesting threads on here and I've just begun to scratch the surface.

I won't drone on much more here because few people are going to want to read this drivel.

My primary project now relates to building a better refrigerator including designs including modified cabinets, doors, insulation materials, phase change materials, hydrocarbon refrigerants, low temperature brines, domestic water heating, passive cooling with outdoor heat pipes, multiple compressor drives by using an open drive compressor and possibly a pedal powered refrigerator.

I keep a blog, but I hope to have some good conversations here! Apparently I can't post any pictures or links yet. In good time!

marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 12:41 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 03:26 PM   #3
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Welcome to ER, marx

Tags
dehumidifier, heat pump, pcm, refrigerator