EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Tools
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-18, 05:43 PM   #21
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Cool and interesting but ehh no. Well not until i win the lottery and i don't buy tickets so...

Looks like its still a pump based system. I liked the air over hydraulic ones. Flip the lever then you had a long handle to slowly add air into the cylinder and the car would float up almost silently and very smoothly.

I bet that low end 7K one is probably another 7k in install prep etc... I couldn't find any documentation for install but I assume it just wants a concrete pocket in the ground and power run to it.

Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 01:48 PM   #22
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Yes I bet the install is very expensive and DIY version would be crazy.

I Just got done with the lift wiring. Here is the first lift test.

I have two more lift anchor bolts coming in the mail then it will be complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180704_141032.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	8310  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 09:04 AM   #23
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

All the anchor bolts are in. The lift has been put to work.
Rotated the tires on Volt (Had it lower for the tire rotation)

I was able to install it far enough forward to clear the grange door with my Tahoe.
Asymmetrical lift lets you install in closer to the front wall.

That way I don't need to install high lift garage door kit. That would add over $500 to the project and take a bunch of time to do.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180706_175150.jpg
Views:	985
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	8318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20180708_172148_LI.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	8319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20180708_152845_LI.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	8320  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 07-19-18, 10:09 PM   #24
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I bought a 2 Ton under hoist Jack Stand for large vehicles. I my get one more so I can put on at both ends.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HoistStand.JPG
Views:	919
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	8329  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 10-23-18, 08:54 AM   #25
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It was time to change oil on my sons Saturn and my Tahoe. It was so nice to put the Tahoe up on the lift walk under it and change the oil in record time.
The other benefit was to be able to do a very good visual inspection. The Saturn has a oil filter looking filter for the transmission and I had loosen up some.
I was able to correct that before it caused an issue.

I really like this new lift.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181020_201708.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	8388  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 10-23-18, 05:01 PM   #26
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I really could have used one the other day. Had to change the front wheel bearings and brakes on daughters Nissan Versa. It has 61k on it.... Nissan aka Renault don't make a quality product. The days of 2000 and prior Nissan quality are long gone.
It also has a failing CVT which hopefully she can have Nissan cover it in full or partial as the transmission warranty is 60K. The CVT isn't rebuildable and a new one is about $2400 which is more than the car is worth.

Maybe I'll have to do the additio to the shop one of these days. I can add about 20' wide by however far out i want. It would make the shop an L shape but thats Ok.
Old 11-29-18, 05:35 PM   #27
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Well I'm now looking at a lift or... I will be getting a 66 mustang to restore pretty soon. It was a car my friends mom bought years ago and never put the effort or cash into it to restore. She passed away thanksgiving night after having a massive stroke the previous week. So begins the cleanup of the property etc. Anyway....

I am trying to make the decision between a rotisserie or a lift etc... I am looking at adding onto the shop and the issue there is the slab. There is a partial slab and the lift would go right on the edge of it and the new addition to the slab... So that means cutting up part of the existing slab and redoing it.
Its an 18x18 addition but I want to make the one dimension deeper however that makes for some odd structure construction. Just the building would take 2 to 2.5 yards of concrete to finish. 1500 max in steel etc for structure and R panel ( using no warranty panel). 2k or less all said and done in materials.This section will be isolated from the rest of the shop so I can paint etc in there. Will have its own AC and ventilation.

Probably going to have a couple more project cars in the future so I'm thinking rotisserie in the shop then a lift in the garage in the future. I have high ceilings in the garage. Just in the planning stage right now so looking for any bright ideas.
Old 11-29-18, 08:05 PM   #28
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Hear you go build you own rotisserie
Free Auto Rotisserie Plans - Free Auto Rotisserie Plans / Car Rotisserie Plans

The car lift have been great. Just doing a very good visual inspection under a car you can really catch things before there is a issue.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -