EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 07-21-11, 07:09 AM   #11
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I did not try to skimp on the tubing, the plan was to do it with that spacing. I wasn't sure if I'd want to do the upstairs too, so I bought plenty. I bought a pre-made manifold for the slab, and it would be relatively easy to build another manifold for upstairs. Our other option is to use a couple of those European style radiators designed for more moderate temperature water.

I'm just so slow about the building project that it gets discouraging at times. {But the outside is done and I am making a bit of progress on the inside.} My electrician nephew and my niece learned how to lay a tile floor on a slab last year and did a nice job in their house. He's going to help me tile my restroom floor before I finish it.

gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 03:50 PM   #12
The master plan
Helper EcoRenovator

Ha! I thought I was king about slow. I'm still trying to get the pad ready for cement! It's been weather/work thats mostly slowing me down. First it was rain everyday, then I got the forms up, next came the heat! I work nights so I get up about the time it's super hot out. Then we have a few guys quit at my job and we have to work overtime and come in early...You can't get much done working a few hours a day...but thats the way its for me.

I hope to have a roof and walls up before the snow hits. It does get discouraging when you know how much work is ahead yet.
The master plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 02:43 PM   #13
Phantom
Apprentice EcoRenovator

When building the tank instead of building one large tank you could use two one 1/4 the size of the other. My thoughts on doing this are because you could get the smaller tank up to temp quicker allowing for heat sooner. Also you could use two different heat sources easier have wood heat the larger of the two tanks and solar to heat the smaller one. With a temp difference between the tanks you could regulate the temp of the water easier.

That would take more work to do but a second tank can be added at a later time.

Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote