EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lighting
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-15, 07:25 PM   #1
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Parking lot led units

Thought you guys would enjoy a quick pic of the leds that we are now using in parking lots at the new Wendy's locations and some remodels.

They are directional. They are pretty nice. They don't quite have the overall flood of light that a traditional metal hallide bulb has but they pull very little wattage and are way easier to install than the old box fixtures.
They run on 110-277 no rewiring needed. All lights in the lot can run off one circuit with smaller wire And still have capacity left over. Also way nicer than working with 480v pole lights as well.

I forget the wattage of these off hand. Got more of them delivered a week ago before the next store even started. Will take more detailed pics if anyone is interested.

Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elcam84 For This Useful Post:
Daox (02-04-15), Roostre (01-16-16)
Old 02-03-15, 08:32 PM   #2
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Nice... Do you have much less power that take or save.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-15, 02:37 AM   #3
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

They are sharp looking , being directional they will put the light to the ground where you need it , making the light appear to have more lumen's then it does , a nice feature.

It appears to have some pretty large diodes , although its hard to gauge the size of them without knowing the fixtures dimensions.

I will guess at its wattage as being 250w

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-15, 06:19 AM   #4
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

They are directional from left to right in the pic. So they can be parallel to the road and just light up the parking lot.

The diodes are big but not huge. The aluminum reflector makes them loose bigger. iirc they are 245 watts. Can't remember but I knew when I was figuring out how many could be run on a circuit and what gauge wire to run.

When I put the ones up at this next store I'll take a close up pic. Still bending lots of pipe inside right now.
Old 02-04-15, 11:13 PM   #5
where2
DIY Geek

It's an LSI Industries product. Is it model XAMU? If yes, are there any other codes on the boxes. That'll tell us the specs, lumen output, lumens/watt, etc. Nice to see they're US made.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 04:27 PM   #6
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcam84 View Post
...The diodes are big but not huge. The aluminum reflector makes them loose bigger. iirc they are 245 watts. Can't remember but I knew when I was figuring out how many could be run on a circuit and what gauge wire to run...
US $600.00 a pop on ebay.

-AC
Old 02-05-15, 06:35 PM   #7
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Yup they are LSI. We order our lighting packages from them sometimes as they are one of the few approved vendors. Not a clue how much they cost as they bid a whole package not by the item. We end up overpaying for can light housings etc but you have to to get the specific pieces. The cans the lighting suppliers carry are junk. The best is the $5 depot one cheaper and better made than the $$$ ones from suppliers.

We have the fixtures stored in the roof. They are going to do the roof membrane tomorrow so will get them down and put in the cooler. Will see what model they are If I get a chance While the helpers are moving them.

The ebay link is a similar one but that is an older design. Lsi said these are the newest style they have. Anything is better than the 400 to 1000 watt metal hallide units. They took all day to assemble and install. The led ones assembled and installed before lunch.
Old 02-06-15, 09:22 PM   #8
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

They are the xlcm 193 watt 5000k fixtures. The high output would be very impressive. The ones for the current store were speced out to the bigger ugly led fixtures. They constantly change specs from store to store. One constant is daylight color bulbs are always speced out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elcam84 For This Useful Post:
ecomodded (02-07-15)
Old 02-07-15, 10:50 AM   #9
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

thanks for posting the info Elcam , I love that LED is starting to be adopted into parking lots , they will provide a brighter light where you need it and reduce light pollution at the same time.

They are pricey , right now but can only get cheaper as technology increases and more factories start producing them.

I am thinking they should be wired into a alarm system (a loud one) to reduce theft.

you could bring that idea to upper upper management which could lead to a promotion or more importantly a healthy raise !

I know someone who entered a new field and has climbed the ladder exceedingly fast to over 250K a year by bringing his ideas to upper management.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 04:06 PM   #10
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Yeah they are pricey at around 1k per fixture but the payback isn't bad at under 200 watts vs 1000 watts. The led wall packs are in stock everywhere and they payback in 3 years but few will buy them. They put out more usable light than the bulb styles.

I forsee that pretty much all commercial lighting will be led within the next couple years. The big lack now is the T8 fixtures. They are within a year or two of replacing all 2x4 drop ceiling ligets as the price is getting close to where it needs to be and the output per watt.

Well as for going up in the company there isn't far to go. Basically right below the owner as its a small company. As soon as a good opportunity to get out of the field I'll be happy. The body takes a beating every day... Takes all weekend to recuperate anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elcam84 For This Useful Post:
Robaroni (09-21-15)