EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Renovations & New Construction
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-12, 09:43 AM   #1
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default New roof!! Going with metal!

Well hopefully this fall I'll be putting a new roof on my house.. I'm going with Mbci's storm proof panel..
MBCI: Stormproof®

I'm thinking either rustic red or the Solar white.. My house is a red brick house with some white siding I'll try and put a picture up later.. http://www.mbci.com/pdf/colorcharts_...ColorChart.pdf

I plan on doing all the work myself and hopefully with the help of some family and friends.. I have a fairly large roof area 30 square or 3000sqft. Currently there are 2 layers of asphalt shingles so I will have to strip that all off..

I chose this company because I have a friend in the construction supply company and he can get me all the materials at cost. And he has this same panel on his garage and loves it so much he plans to do his house with it soon..

I had a few quotes to do metal and asphalt roofs and they where between 15k and 40k so that was the deciding factor for doing it myself.. I don't have an official cost figured yet but I'm looking about about 7-8k for materials and dumpster.. Not including any food or beverages for my hired help

I started this thread early because I wanted to get some input from you guys on the current plan.. Any info that you might have would be great

Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote