EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-12, 08:45 PM   #1
Exalta-STA
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Newbie from Southeast Asia

Hi my name is Edward and used to visit my folks in Cerritos CA but now in the Philippines..enjoying the dollar exchange rate

Anyway, I saw this site from EcoModder.Com...back in the day during my teens I used to be an addict in all things bad...from doing non-CARB compliant motor engine upgrades for the sake of performance and not being the most eco-friendly dude in the street..I've seen the error of my ways and I'm a changed man. 5 years now going on till I bite the dust.

I really like the ideas and openness of people here to share their experiences and tips with others to have more efficient homes and lifestyles. When you think about it, being eco-friendly saves not only the earth but also our pennies as well. In my case, every cent counts.

Nice to be on board and I wish you guys all the best.

Exalta-STA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 07:22 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site Edward.

What area of home efficiency are you most interested in, or what brings you here? Do you have a home you're currently working on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 09:21 AM   #3
Exalta-STA
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Thanks for the warm welcome Daox!

Well to answer your question, almost everything in this site is of interest to me. You see the Philippines has the highest energy rates in the whole of Asia..even higher than that of Japan. From high efficiency appliances to insulation and sealing everything is fair game (It is very hot and humid here thanks to the tropical weather and the fact that this country is composed of 7,100+ islands)

Yes I'm currently fixing my house and also my parents house to make it more eco-friendly (low power consumption and low waste output) so far I've succeeded in reducing the utility bills (water/gas/electricity) in both houses but I feel that I could learn more and spread the word here (Philippines) that going green means more savings.

Last edited by Exalta-STA; 05-16-12 at 09:25 AM..
Exalta-STA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 02:27 PM   #4
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Welcome to ER

It's good to see that you've already started reducing your eco-footprint
Good luck with further reductions, and with educating as many people as you can!

Exalta-STA (06-02-12)