EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-09, 04:41 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Dryer not drying well anymore (fixed, cleaned sensors)

For a week or two now, my wife says our dryer hasn't been drying as fast as it used to. Also, the auto moisture sensing feature has never worked well. I talked with a few people I knew and went to work. The idea being that the temperature sensor (and humidity sensor) has been caked full of lint and needs to be cleaned off to work properly.

So, I went to work. I popped off the front cover.

Immediately, you can see this thing hasn't been opened up and cleaned in a looong time, probably never has been.

I initially thought the sensors were in the tube heading to the rear of the dryer.

So, I pulled it out and disconnected the vent.

Finding that the elbow piece was full of lint, I went ahead and cleaned it out.

I also went ahead and stuck the shop vac in the vent pipe in the dryer to clean it out. However, I didn't see any sensors once I had it vacuumed out.

So, I moved back to the front and started removing more parts. This is the first vent piece that holds the filter in the dryer. Of course, another piece caked with lint to clean out.

With that vent pice out, I can finally see the sensors on the right side.

I removed both of them. I believe the black one is the humidity sensor, and the white one is the temperature sensor. The black one was fairly clean yet, but the white one had a bit of lint caked around the edges. I cleaned them both up and reinstalled them.

I'm not absolutely sure that this will fix it, but we shall see in the next week or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dryer, fix