EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 06-06-11, 01:05 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Whose going to the MREA energy fair this year?

I'm hoping to go up there for a day. Its still not laid in stone though. It'll probably be Saturday or Sunday so I don't have to take off of work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 04:35 PM   #2
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I'll be there again, I think for the whole weekend, 21st year going, I was hoping to have my electric car put back together to show along with my electric motorcycle but I have a new water heater to install first.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 09:01 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

Since you've been going for so long, is there anything you'd really recommend seeing while there? Any presentations?

&
Old 06-10-11, 10:24 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

No suggestions?

&
Old 06-10-11, 04:25 PM   #5
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

It really depends on what you are into, there is going to be an extended workshop this year on building an Other Power style wind turbine, there is the green homes area, there are 15 or so workshops going on at any one point in time, there are over 200 vender's including RedRock solar tracking chips that plug in to satilite dish motors, in the past I've had breakfast with people like Larry who is the owner of Sun Frost fridges.
There is alot going on and it's organized in such a way as many of the green building work shops are in one area, transportation is in another, workshops for people who are in renewable energy trades are in another area, remember that this event does it's best to cover everything from how to compost and how solar panels work, to how to start your own renewable energy business, how to communicate with your local government on renewable energy issues and vender's range from the people who make wind turbines on down to people who repair water pumping windmills and people who print shirts and bumper stickers, the renewable energy fair was the first place I had ever seen or heard of a heat pump water heaters.
Old 06-14-11, 10:02 PM   #6
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I helping with setup for the Renewable Energy Fair this week, hanging out with the guys who are OtherPower.com, they are pretty awesome to hang out with, didn't realize who one of them was at first or that I had met them here years ago.