EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-17, 01:55 PM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Hurricane Irma

My parents, sister and brother all live by Fort Myers FL.

My parents live waterfront they went to my sister’s house. They all are ok but my parents lost the roof off there sunroom. My sister lost a couple trees and some shingles.

So last Thursday my nephew from MD came and picked me up. We bought shingles I bought an air roofing nailer packed my compressor….

It took us 18 hours to make normal 10 hour drive 95 and 75 were just stopped all the people trying to get back to their homes.

Lots of trees and power poles down.

My brother-in-law and my brother helped us. We tore the rest of the roof off put new rafters and center beam up. We put down ice and water membrane down the shingled it. We had to put new insulation and plywood on the outside walls.

We fixed my sisters roof cut up the trees at her place fixed there water issues. They are closing on their old house today so we cut up trees there and cleaned up the yard.

It was lots of work and long days we started 6am and were done at dark or just after dark. We were all done by Saturday afternoon.
My parents place was in the dry all roofed and Tyvek on the outside.

I am so glad I was able to take some time and help them all out.

How did others here make out with Irma

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 09-19-17 at 02:01 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
stevehull (09-19-17)