EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-13, 05:03 PM   #21
michael
Michael

Hello Drake, It is totally self contained. It has a circulating motor in the box that runs the source water, and a flow switch senses when the hot side has water moving in it which powers up the circulator. Cold potable water goes in, and hot water comes out, and that hot water can, of course, go into a holding tank to build up a reserve of DHW.

mm

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 10:03 PM   #22
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
A question for AC: I have many related questions and topics I'd like to discuss, but would it be better for me to switch from this thread to the Manifesto thread to keep all the relevant stuff in one place?...
Good call.

Yes, the aspects that deal with the heat pump itself and the loop field would be a very good fit for the Manifesto.

The radiant floor aspects, though very closely related would be better put in a thread pertaining to radiant floors. There are two or three radiant floor project threads. You might look them over and decide if you'd like to be part of them or start your own thread.

Where ever you end up posting your floor info & queries, it might not be a bad idea to link them to your Manifesto posts, and also link from there to your floor posts.

We should have encouraged this kind of cross-linking a long time ago.

Good luck!

-AC
Old 03-30-13, 12:22 AM   #23
michael
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Where ever you end up posting your floor info & queries, it might not be a bad idea to link them to your Manifesto posts, and also link from there to your floor posts. We should have encouraged this kind of cross-linking a long time ago.-AC
Any chance you'd pass along some clues as to how to do this?
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-13, 11:10 AM   #24
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Any chance you'd pass along some clues as to how to do this?

Sure...

Finding the thread that you yhink is appropriate, I'll leave up to you.

Every thread has a beginning and a last post.

And every post in the thread has a 'permalink' URL in the upper right corner.

I think that the easiest way to do this is to open two windows, one is the FROM window, and the other is the TO window.

So, in the FROM window, in the body of your post, you might have some text that you want to use make a hyperlink with... your text might be something something like LINK TO THIS POST.

Then in in the TO page, go to the permaling, and right-click and choose 'copy link address' or whatever is the equivalent option for your browser. Choosing this will buffer the URL of the page you want to link to.

Then you go to the FROM page and click+drag your mouse over the text like LINK TO THIS POST. Once it is highlighted, look at the tool bar above it and you will see the hyperlink creating button (it looks like a globe with a chain in front)... click that button, and a box appears that invites you to put in your URL. At this point, you right-click your mouse and choose "paste'.

That's it. It's easier to do than to explain.

Best,

-AC

Tags
heatpump, radiant