EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-16, 05:18 PM   #41
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I'm bringing this ole thread back from the dead. Did you ever finish Doax? And if so how has your experience been with them? I want to do this and my numbers show that if I double the frames in every window that I will need 530' of the foam seal. Are you interested in selling yours still? Or has it long since been used?
Thanks and Shalom

Old 01-25-16, 08:19 AM   #42
Daox
Administrator

I never did finish the frames. I really should though. I think it would help a LOT.

I still have TONS of foam, just PM me with what you need and we'll work something out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 04:23 PM   #43
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Awesome, PM sent. Thanks man
Old 01-28-16, 09:29 PM   #44
warmwxrules
Helper EcoRenovator

I made frames a few years back and what i did was have them mount around the trim (oak) ...just a hair bigger then the trim and they would friction fit (with some muscle). I did that for a few winters, and while it did help..i could never get a good seal, even with some foam type material (the wall has texture so i suppose that doesn't help with a seal/and the frame would not lay flat on one or two of the corners.).

I ended up putting aluminum storm windows on all the windows (except 2 that i could not find any that would fit). The storms fixed the condensation issues i was having (as in i get none now even when the temps plummet well below zero). On the 2 windows that don't have storms, i just tape up the plastic because if i don't, the condensation is horrible (along with frost)...i will try to figure some type of frame for those. I do use a wood frame for the bathroom window(crank out vs double hung for the rest) that works great..i just use some wood wedges to keep it in place (this mounts on the exterior).

I caulk my patio door shut! Its old and the frame is warped. I will probably rip that right up at some point in time.

warmwxrules is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to warmwxrules For This Useful Post:
Daox (02-01-16)

Tags
storm window