EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-08, 01:31 PM   #11
Daox
Administrator

Yes, my freezer uses 1.3 kWh per day roughly... I'll get back to you on the microwave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-08, 06:40 PM   #12
Daox
Administrator

I beat you by one. Mine shows 5w on standby. Thats a very unpleasant 3.6 kWh a month. Its a fairly new and smaller unit (GE Spacemaker II).

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 05:06 AM   #13
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

We have an old (10-15yo) Samsung, can't even find what model. Has a max of 1350W, with either 800W or 1000W going to warming the food. In standby it draws 5W, the light is 40W.

I'd just love to put a switch on the cord, but the rest of the house doesn't seem to approve. I don't know why? We use the microwave at best once a day for 3-10 minutes, not even everyday. For the rest of the 23h50m it's just a phantom load.
Same with the stove: the range itself is gas, but there is a digital clock which draws 5-6W and is very bright, bright enough to not need a light when getting water at night. The stove not only has to be plugged in to use the gas, but the clock also has to be set (why?). We can sometimes go 3-4 days without using the stove, but there is also no acceptance for pulling the plug when not in use

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 05-29-09 at 05:10 AM..
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 06:38 PM   #14
Homeless
Helper EcoRenovator

The one in my apartment ( used ) 7W on standby. I left it plugged in just long enough to test it . It's a GE 'spacemaker' model manufactured 3/2003.

Homeless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, standby