EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Biofuels
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-15, 06:36 AM   #11
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Don't be shy. What you are doing is very useful and interesting.

jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 10:19 AM   #12
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Well I added a new photo to my album on here. My phone crashes when I try to add the photo to the post but it shows the basic idea of the heat exchanger.

Last edited by Daox; 11-03-15 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: added pics
Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 11:58 AM   #13
Daox
Administrator

I added a few of the pics in your album to your post for you. This is a very interesting project.

Can you tell us a bit more about the burner itself?

The centrifuge would also be very interesting to see and hear about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 05:15 PM   #14
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

thanks for adding them.

here is another video of just the burner running

https://youtu.be/q1div6g1yho

this is the part number for the nozzle im using 30609-2 and the nozzle body is 17147
those are the only parts i have bought so far. everything else has been stuff i have had on hand.

i will work on the details of the centrifuge soon.
Old 11-03-15, 05:19 PM   #15
Daox
Administrator

Is it really as loud as the video makes it seem?

&
Old 11-03-15, 07:55 PM   #16
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

its not that loud but it does make some noise. thats actually something ive noticed about the videos too not sure what it is about my phone that makes it seem so loud

so today i was messing around with some different burner designs.. i came up with this, basically it goes from 2.125" tube to 1.125" tube. the video doesn't really do it justice but it really focuses the flame into a longer skinner flame and i think i like that better

https://youtu.be/o16Y4BINhgs
Old 11-03-15, 09:42 PM   #17
Daox
Administrator

Perhaps if you can talk a little it'll put the sound into perspective.

&
Old 11-05-15, 07:28 AM   #18
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Ford Guy,
I like the idea but how do you regulate the temperature? Once the water gets to about 120 to 125F I'd want to shut off the burner. Is there an easy way to automatically turn it back on when the temp drops below a specific level? It seems to me these are a little tough to get going.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 07:16 PM   #19
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Daox i made a video but you cant really hear me haha but im pretty soft spoken so ill try again this weekend hopefully and ill got over my "silent" air compressor and the centrifuge at the same time.

Rob my plan is to heat water and then pump it into the house into a heat exchanger. This is also part of the reason i went with the smaller nozzle so i could just load up the fuel reservoir start the burner and pump and walk away.

the water tank will probably remain an open system at least at this point just so i dont have to worry about a tank exploding if something happens

also i think i have finally decided on a burner design. over the last few weeks i have been tweaking the burner a little and im finally happy. it lights up easy gets hot fast and burns clean!
Old 11-06-15, 05:44 AM   #20
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy64 View Post
Daox i made a video but you cant really hear me haha but im pretty soft spoken so ill try again this weekend hopefully and ill got over my "silent" air compressor and the centrifuge at the same time.

Rob my plan is to heat water and then pump it into the house into a heat exchanger. This is also part of the reason i went with the smaller nozzle so i could just load up the fuel reservoir start the burner and pump and walk away.

the water tank will probably remain an open system at least at this point just so i dont have to worry about a tank exploding if something happens

also i think i have finally decided on a burner design. over the last few weeks i have been tweaking the burner a little and im finally happy. it lights up easy gets hot fast and burns clean!
Interesting, do you still have to prime the burner with kerosene to get it started?

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote