Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-13, 01:30 PM   #1
dablack
Helper EcoRenovator

Default New guy in East TX

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the site on and off for a while now. Found this place via ecomodders. I found ecomodders because I'm interested in migh MPG.

Anyway, two years ago we moved out of Houston when my NASA job fell out from under me. Now we are in central east TX and are building on 30 acres. We plan on a garden, chickens, guineas, and maybe goats later. Also putting in an orchard behind the house and using grey water and roof collection. Right now the house is framed and I'm in the middle of the DWV side of plumbing. I've built the entire house myself. 1 1/2 story about 2400 sqft. It has taken me less than a year to get to this point. I've got the front of the house point solar south and the roof pitch is 12:12. I don't know the ideal angle of solar but that has to be pretty close. Anyway, I'm going to be putting in some extra plugs that will later be hooked up to solar. We are literally at the end of the line for power so I won't be surprised if we lose power in storms. We keep lots of food on hand so I need to keep the fridge and freezer running. I'm thinking they will be the first to go on solar.

thanks for a great site. I'm going to go post about the above sheething ventilation roof that I'm putting on.

Austin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007small.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	3224  
dablack is offline   Reply With Quote