EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Tools
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-21, 04:38 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default USB or other 2+ channel temperature datalogger

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced (cheap) 2+ channel dataloggers that dump a file to your computer? Ideally something USB would be great. I am currently doing some testing with a 2 channel temperature gauge with k-type thermocouples and I just check it every 5 minutes. However, it would be really nice to have it automated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 11:18 PM   #2
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Arduino + thermocouple ADC board.
Daox (05-06-21)
Old 05-06-21, 09:02 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

I wasn't even aware there were thermocouple boards for the arduino. Thanks Mike!

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 03:08 PM   #4
castlusion
This Old Geek

They are using raspberry pi 3 to read temperature and humidity in some garden build I am sure swapping the code you could read 2 temperatures if you wanted record and send to computer. they hook then right off of the pins with a resister to get it in the ranges they want. pie 3 boards and equipment have gone down in price sense pi 4 is out. Good luck on your project.
castlusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 03:35 PM   #5
Mukiwa
Lurking Renovator

how about for someone who has no idea how to do any of that stuff and just wants a plug an play temperature logger. I would like to put a unit in the greenhouse and out outside to keep track of how my greenhouse is working as well as how any changes I make affect it.
Mukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 03:52 PM   #6
JRMichler
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Onset Computer makes several temperature and temperature/humidity dataloggers. I have used several of their products and have been very pleased. Their user interface is one of the best I have ever seen. Plug into the computer, click the icon, tell it what you want it to do, unplug, and go. Link: https://www.onsetcomp.com/applicatio...ty-monitoring/.

Their USB models are easy to upload data from. Plug a USB cable into the logger and computer, click the icon, and upload. Their Bluetooth models are just as easy to upload to a cell phone. Tap the icon while standing within range (several feet), select which logger, upload, then email the data file. The data files are text files.

The above comments apply to their temperature data loggers. I'm less impressed with their rain gauges.

JRMichler is offline   Reply With Quote