EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Product Reviews
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-12, 09:42 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Sleep Number matress

Our old mattress was getting uncomfortable a while ago. So we had started looking at possible replacements. We ended up deciding on a Sleep Number mattress. For those who don't know, a Sleep Number mattress is basically an inflatable mattress with a few inches of foam on top. It allows your weight to be more evenly distributed over the bed and is quite comfortable. You can adjust the air pressure in the mattress to adjust it to your liking so it is as firm or soft as you like it. It also allows you and the mrs (if you have one) to adjust your sides to two different settings. We got ours on Friday, and so far it has been wonderful.

However, I was a little concerned about the power consumption of the bed. I mean it has an air pump that pumps up the bed, and a wireless remote control to adjust things when you desire. The one thing that gave me comfort in its energy consumption is that the sales lady said you can completely unplug it once you find out what you like the bed set to. She said that that is what she has done with hers.

In any case, I just tested out the bed this morning to see what kind of power draw was going on. With everything at idle, the kill a watt reported 0W of power consumption which is great. With the pump running it was using a whopping 20W, and if you let air out of the bed it used ~14W for a few seconds. I'll probably unplug the bed after we do find out how we like things adjusted just to completely kill power consumption, but its not a big deal in the interim. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that power consumption isn't really an issue at all with the bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 03-26-12 at 07:48 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
MN Renovator (03-25-12)