Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-16, 12:22 AM   #1
estoppel101
Lurking Renovator

Default LG Mini Split Install

Howdy all,

I live in Nebraska and I am a huge DIY guy as my dad luckily taught me a lot of skills. I am currently tackling a dual zone mini split by LG. I came across a link on this forum where Xringer was discussing a LG mini split install back in 2010. I found it very helpful as the manual is still not updated in 2016 to reflect the design of their two way gas/liquid valves with schrader ports. As a result, I am confused how to conduct the nitrogen test and vacuum test. I was hoping you could help me. My questions are:

1. When conducting the nitrogen pressure test on the LG system, which has the two valves (one for gas and one for liquid) each with a schrader port, do I hook the blue nitrogen line from the manifold to just one valve or do I use the redline as a second conveyance from the manifold to the other port as well? The manual is so bad it says connect lines to both valves but the picture shows only the blue side connected. If I connect to both valves will nitrogen flow over the top of the schrader port in both valves pressurizing the whole system from both directions at once?

2. When conducting the vacuum test, I have the same question. Do I connect just the blue line and close the other valve off totally or do I create a loop vacuum by using both the blue and red lines from the manifold with a micron gauge in the loop somewhere?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by estoppel101; 07-08-16 at 08:17 PM..
estoppel101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xringer