EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-21, 02:29 PM   #371
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

That turned out nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-25-21)
Old 06-05-21, 12:33 PM   #372
Daox
Administrator

Alright, I think I finally got the last bit of stuff I have been looking for to do this update on the mower. This connector will allow me to remove the chargers from the mower. They seem to die much faster than they should. I am guessing its from the vibrations. I figure that moving them off the mower will extend their life.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210605_122316203.jpg
Views:	1137
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	9326  

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 08:55 AM   #373
Daox
Administrator

So it got hot, and I stopped for a while on this. Its now not as hot and I'm trying to find time for it again.

I realized that I still needed a charger holder of some sort since they're coming off the mower. I'm really hoping this improves their lifespan as it hasn't been great. It should make life a lot easier without tons of vibration and jostling around. So, I took the time to design a 3d printed carrier. I think it came out pretty nice.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chargercart.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	9377   Click image for larger version

Name:	chargercart2.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	9378  

&
Old 10-22-21, 06:46 AM   #374
SKIN
Lurking Renovator

Glad you're still at it with this project! Really have enjoyed following for years.
SKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SKIN For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-22-21)
Old 11-10-21, 01:14 PM   #375
nibs
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Great that it is still working for you, gave up on trying to mow with mine, just use the forklift and trailer towing, especially with the grand kids in the trailer.
End of summer converted from the lead acid golf cart batts and put in 10 (10s 2p) Nissan leaf modules and run them at 38 to 40 volts, much nicer, no corrosion buildup and only charge about 1 times per week.
Though lately have had to charge more often as the modules do not like the cold.
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:19 AM   #376
Daox
Administrator

Yep, its still working great. I've been using it for about 13 years now!

Still haven't finished up the mods I have shown above. It'll happen... sometime.

&

Tags
conversion, electric, lawn mower, tractor