EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 05-01-11, 04:44 PM   #241
Daox
Administrator

Just got back from the show. It was a good time. I love talking with the other EV guys.

Here is the mower next to a 1975 Citicar. These were by far the oldest vehicles at the show.

And here is a layout of most of the vehicles there. The bus in the background is even a hybrid (HUGE BATTERIES!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:20 AM   #242
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Nice! I love the two orange EV's.

Impressive sampling of EV & hybrid vehicles for a little show.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:57 AM   #243
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino 660 View Post
neat project i would like to do this ill start gathering parts what was the build cost with the parts that are now on it
Thanks.

With the parts that are on it right now I have about $1100 into it.

&
Old 05-12-11, 09:08 AM   #244
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Here's some more photos from that show.

LINK

That's just a couple. More are at that link.

Oh, and those plug-in hybrid school busses are SOLAR powered!

bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 07:44 PM   #245
Daox
Administrator

Darin requested that I shoot some video of the mower in action. So, here it is. I love the ending.

&
Old 05-19-11, 08:02 PM   #246
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Nice!

Doggie wants a haircut!

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 08:40 PM   #247
dh1
Helper EcoRenovator

When you see a video of something like this it makes it real and alive.
Looks like it works really good.
What kind of range or run time do you get with it?
dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 08:57 PM   #248
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Tim, if you want a fancier video, I can bring my camera over sometime.

Trade you powder-coating services for video production!

The turning radius on that looks pretty nice. We'll have to get our mowers together sometime and race!

bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 10:48 PM   #249
Daox
Administrator

Yeah, its too bad I don't have an HD camera. In the end of the video, the dog is completely covered in grass clippings. It was hilarious.

As for the run time, I can get an hour out of it. However, I never really push it that far. I usually mow in 1/2 hr spurts and recharge.

&
Old 06-17-11, 12:14 AM   #250
nibs
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Ok here is one of those oddball questions. I mounted a 3 hp (@24 Volts) 4hp (@36 volts)
Motor onto my garden tractor yesterday, my question is what size pulley should I use on the elec motor?. The original is about a 4" diameter sheave. The question is do I go for pulling power with a smaller pulley or go for higher speed with a bigger pulley? The tractor will be used for pulling and with a small set of forks I have adapted which go on the front, for lifting rocks. If I put a mower on the mower will be self powered. One rather large mystery is that we do not know how many rpm the motor will turn at, I suspect it will be on the order of 50% of the gas motor, but have no way of telling. The new pulley is expensive so do not want to experiment, will have to live with the results until my accountant/wife can be romanced into buying a bigger or smaller pulley.
Oddball problem buuuut, any suggestions will be welcomed.

nibs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, electric, lawn mower, tractor