EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-18, 10:47 AM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default I bought a Massey Ferguson 2016 1710 TBL

I drove over 3 hours one way to get it. On the way home were a few wrecks and it took over 4 hours to get home.

The tractor is a 2016 with 85 hours on it. It was stored inside and the backhoe was used one time to dig a couple trenches for rain water.
The backhoe attachment was taken off and not put back on until I bought it. The PTO has never been used.

It came with a box grader and pallet forks that connect to the bucket. He even gave a plastic fuel can full with diesel fuel.
He gave the info for transferring the power train warranty (2 more years). He used the tractor when building his new house for the drive way and yard but that is all done now.

Once home I got to dig with the backhoe and used the front-end loader to move some dirt. I can’t wait to do more work with it.
This is my first hydrostatic transmission tractor but it will be simple to drive for my wife and kids.
Both the loader and the backhoe are quick attach implements.
It weights about 3K pounds.
This is my first tractor with a Front-end loader so it will take me a little time to get the hang of it.
Welding projects with the tractor well be coming for sure.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_154032.jpg
Views:	2710
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	8385   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_173122.jpg
Views:	2067
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	8386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_160253.jpg
Views:	2174
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	8387  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-18, 09:40 AM   #2
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I started my first project removing a stump. This tree was huge so it will take some time.

These trees were the same size so you can see how big it was. It was such a nice tree I was hit with lightning and died.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181023_100031.jpg
Views:	1874
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	8389   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_095959.jpg
Views:	2015
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	8390  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-25-18)
Old 10-26-18, 03:40 PM   #3
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My new tractor did not have many hours but I am catching it up on its maintenance.
I really like to keep it to a strict MFG maintenance schedule. I change the oil and filter and changed it over to Shell ROTELLA T6 Full Synthetic. (won’t have to do this for another 100 hours)
I greased all fittings. Over the weekend I will change the Hydraulic Fluid/filter and the front axle Hydraulic Fluid. (won’t have to do this for another 250 hours)

The guy that owned it before me was a doctor not big tractor guy.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 10-28-18, 07:26 PM   #4
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

On Saturday I finish digging up the stump.

When you take the backhoe off you really can’t move it again until you put it back on.
I don’t want to leave it outside in the elements. I took two harbor freight movers dollies one big and one small.
I took wood I had laying around and made this backhoe dolly.
I can now move it around by myself you need to make sure the garage floor is clean to keep the wheels rolling.

I know it does not look pretty but I made it with stuff laying around.

I really wanted to weld a nice dolly up but this did not take much time to build and was supper low cost.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1540752240507.jpg
Views:	2013
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	8394   Click image for larger version

Name:	1540766956033.jpg
Views:	2124
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	8395  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 10-30-18, 08:03 PM   #5
where2
DIY Geek

Function over form, I like the dolly. We've got a 1950 Ferguson and I got to drive it for the first time with a PTO driven implement this summer... How to park the implements so I can pickup the one I want next, I'm still working on that part, but I love the dolly concept since I keep my toys indoors in the garage.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 12:12 PM   #6
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The ditch on the front of my property is to steep and I can not mow it with a zero-turn mower. I hoped that my son would not get a couple tires over the edge and roll the mower. I even quit letting him mow the very front of the property.

Over the weekend I put my 1710 to work on the ditch. It looks like I will be able to mow at least one side of it maybe both sides.
This little tractor can do a lot of work in a short period on time.

The hydrostatic transmission really makes the front end loader productive.

I have put 20 hours on my tractor so far and I am really enjoying using this tractor.
I have mowed the pasture with a 60” finish mower. I have used the drag harrow on ½ the pasture. It has done well with each task.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181103_182732.jpg
Views:	1932
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	8405   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181104_110602.jpg
Views:	1900
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8406  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 11-06-18, 03:20 PM   #7
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

PB,
Good luck with the new machine, it looks like a honey!
I remember my first tractor and BH, what fun and the great amount of work these guys can do.
One thing, since it only has 85 hours on it I wouldn't rush to put synthetic in the engine just yet. Let the engine 'seat' in first. I know my Deere doesn't advise it for about 500 to 1k hours. I'd say the hydraulics are okay for synthetics though.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 09:51 PM   #8
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Rob
Thanks, I took it out tonight and used the front-end loader to pull Tpost. That worked very well. I got that area ready to brush hog.
I will use my old tractor to brush hog this area. Then I will sell my 5’ brush hog and buy a 4’ brush hog for my new tractor. The 5' one is really to big for my new tractor.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 11-07-18 at 06:25 AM..
Old 11-08-18, 05:24 PM   #9
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Pallet forks can move a lot of brush.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20181108_172548 (2).jpg
Views:	1745
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	8408  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 11-08-18, 11:05 PM   #10
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
Function over form, I like the dolly. We've got a 1950 Ferguson and I got to drive it for the first time with a PTO driven implement this summer... How to park the implements so I can pickup the one I want next, I'm still working on that part, but I love the dolly concept since I keep my toys indoors in the garage.
Post a picture of your tractor. I like old tractors they do not build them like that anymore.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -