EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 02-15-13, 07:44 PM   #1
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default any tips for Audio recording Software

I am using the M Audio "Black box reloaded" as a Mic preamp ( it has that feature) along with a Audio-Technica lapel Mic.
The ever famous Audacity recording software will not connect with the system.
So rather then waste my time with it, and its abundant features i do not need at the moment, I am looking for a much more basic single track recording software.

I did not get the Pro software with the pre-owned Black box and the Audacity help pathways have been no help,or any of the searches on their forum.

Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation for a stand alone audio recording software ? I may end up using the recorder feature under accessories, in windows vista as it connects and records threw that pathway..

Edit:
I have got it working with Audacity, although "not quite right" but an advancement never the less.
Its a self powered mono XLR condenser Mic so I had it on mono, bad choice in this case as i switched Audacity to stereo
and it worked, although only on one channel but its recording, A big Jump from nothing.
I assume i have yet one more setting somewhere to find and switch to get mono on both sides of the stereo channel or for mono to work. I am not 100% sure but i assume the Black Box outputs mono on two channels left right so somewhere something is still wrong with the set up. I joined the Audacity website and have asked there for a pointer. Post is being "checked" for site compatibility by admins over there before it gets posted for any help to see. I think they may not post it. I must of used the M-audio name 3 or 4 times, they do not appear to post much with M-Audio in the title. I did find one post, out of a estimated 20,000 that had the term M-Audio in it. It could be commercial product are not that welcomed at the freeware site, hogging their resources.

Edit , Edit.
I have edited it again, this time to add the fix, to make it work as it was designed.

With Audacity open, and set corectly for recording source and output source go to: Control panel, Sound, disable Black Box as recording source, disable Speakers as output source. Then re-able Black Box as recording source, re-able speakers as output source. It was just that easy. In the end.

Solved

Last edited by ecomodded; 02-16-13 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Solved issue
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote