EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-14, 06:17 PM   #1
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Default Sealing showerhead nozzles

This is a bit of a precursor to a review of multiple showerheads that will be an upcoming thread of a shootout of 4 different showerheads, 3 of them being rated for 1.5gpm or less and one which was a 2.5gpm head that came with the house. ..and yes, I did spend money on multiple showerheads to find out which one I thought was the best.

Basically the story is one of the showerheads that I bought is a dual-flow showerhead rated for 1gpm on low and 1.5gpm on high. I'm fairly satisfied with its flow and pressure but would like a slight bit more pressure from the showerhead on the 1gpm setting. I feel that it has just a few too many nozzles for the amount of pressure I would like. The 1.5gpm setting is perfect for rinsing out my hair and I can manage to do the same decently well with the 1gpm setting but I'd like it to have a little more pressure so rinsing my hair has similar performance on the 1gpm setting.

I think I'm going to seal every third nozzle on the showerhead. I'm thinking to use a 2 part epoxy but I'm wondering if this would hold up over time. Any thoughts on what might be the best way to do this?

Last edited by MN Renovator; 06-14-14 at 06:20 PM..
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote