EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search
 


Blog Register 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-20, 10:37 PM   #1
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: richton ms
Posts: 323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default Circuit board replacement parts (from mini-split)

Does any one know where to order replacement parts for these things . I had a grasshopper get on my outdoor circuit board some howand fry itself . Now it feels like i am going to fry as summer keeps coming down in the south . Any one that knows where to find replacement parts this would be awesome . I have the air con blue wave series 2 ton mini split . The first 1 ton i bought years ago is still chugging along




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200509_130345.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	8981   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200509_130407.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	8982  

Last edited by Daox; 05-18-20 at 11:15 AM..
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 11:56 PM   #2
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator
 
NiHaoMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 15
Thanked 247 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Try cleaning up the burned spot and bridging the burned track. If it then works, conformal coat it to guard against further arc flash events.
__________________
To my surprise, shortly after Naomi Wu gave me a bit of fame for making good use of solar power, Allie Moore got really jealous of her...
NiHaoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 08:52 PM   #3
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: richton ms
Posts: 323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

You happen to have any recomendations on what type solder to use. I have not got the faintest clue where to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
Try cleaning up the burned spot and bridging the burned track. If it then works, conformal coat it to guard against further arc flash events.
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 09:49 AM   #4
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator
 
NiHaoMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 15
Thanked 247 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
You happen to have any recomendations on what type solder to use. I have not got the faintest clue where to start
Go with good quality (e.g. Kester) 63/37 leaded solder. Lead free is harder to work with so I do not recommend it for a beginner. For the iron, go for the TS100 if you want one that's portable or a T12 if you want a budget option.

Practice a bit on a scrap board, but it looks like a pretty easy soldering job.
__________________
To my surprise, shortly after Naomi Wu gave me a bit of fame for making good use of solar power, Allie Moore got really jealous of her...
NiHaoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NiHaoMike For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (07-02-20)
Old 07-22-20, 12:01 AM   #5
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: richton ms
Posts: 323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
Go with good quality (e.g. Kester) 63/37 leaded solder. Lead free is harder to work with so I do not recommend it for a beginner. For the iron, go for the TS100 if you want one that's portable or a T12 if you want a budget option.

Practice a bit on a scrap board, but it looks like a pretty easy soldering job.


https://www.ebay.com/itm/2in1-862D-S...53.m1438.l2649

Think a hot gun and soldering iron would come in handy for desoldering things in combination with the soldering iron. Or is that a garbage unit combo . Really not many reviews on youtube i seen as a quick search.

I did find the Ksger t12 . I assumed that was one you had recomended .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KSGER-T12-M...53.m2763.l2649
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 08:18 PM   #6
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: elizabethtown, ky, USA
Posts: 2,372
Thanks: 389
Thanked 601 Times in 503 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may
Default

Here's the web page for your unit:

http://airconint.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blue_Series_3

It looks like the power feed for the outdoor fan motor got burnt. I would definitely check the resistance between the two terminals on the motor connector before I did a board repair. The service manual for your model should have some typical values for reference.

Also, how old is the unit? It may still have warranty coverage. If so, you should be able to send the pics to the manufacturer and get a new circuit board. I'd definitely verify that it's out of warranty before attempting a board level repair.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (05-23-20)
Old 06-23-20, 08:50 PM   #7
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: richton ms
Posts: 323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Its like a year old . But i installed my self. The guys who are on the page are absolutely not a lick of help . Only pc board i have found was around 350. THinking its time to youtube and figure out how to replace parts on that board . Thats lot higher than i want to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Here's the web page for your unit:

http://airconint.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blue_Series_3

It looks like the power feed for the outdoor fan motor got burnt. I would definitely check the resistance between the two terminals on the motor connector before I did a board repair. The service manual for your model should have some typical values for reference.

Also, how old is the unit? It may still have warranty coverage. If so, you should be able to send the pics to the manufacturer and get a new circuit board. I'd definitely verify that it's out of warranty before attempting a board level repair.
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 02:30 AM   #8
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 543
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
Its like a year old . But i installed my self. The guys who are on the page are absolutely not a lick of help . Only pc board i have found was around 350. THinking its time to youtube and figure out how to replace parts on that board . Thats lot higher than i want to spend.
$ 350 is about what the motherboard of our mini split cost . Ordered it from the supply house I purchased the mini split from .

I took the old one out , installed the new one . Took the old one back to the supply house I purchased the mini split from and the refunded my money . Less than 1 year old & under warranty .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 12:59 PM   #9
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: richton ms
Posts: 323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

It is about 1 yr or so old . It is possible . I havent even thought about it still being under warranty. That may be a possibility.
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 10:42 PM   #10
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 543
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Default

We had a brown out during a snow storm , several years ago . Damaged the PC board on our 12,000 BTU Fredrich mini split .

I purchased it locally at a HVAC supply house . They warrantied it for me . :-)

Seems like the board would have cost around $ 350 , if it had not of been under warranty ?

Wyr
God bless

Last edited by WyrTwister; 07-10-20 at 02:33 AM..
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Ad Management by RedTyger
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design