EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-13, 08:57 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default 2013 EcoRenovator Fall Giveaway! (Just post in the forum to qualify.)

Hey, it's fall again! That means it's time for EcoRenovator's giveaway for its readers and forum users. You guys provide us with cool things to post on the blog, find and share tons of information on the forum, and really make this site what it is. This is our chance to give something back, and help you guys achieve your goals.

So, how do you win? It's pretty simple. For veteran forum users, the giveaway will work the same way it has in previous years. If you aren't yet, you must register on the forum and make a post to enter. Each post you make from November 6th through the end of the month will be an entry into the giveaway. On December 2nd, five winners will be randomly selected from the posts made between now and then. Those five winners will be able to select a prize from the list below. Once the first winner decides what s/he wants, the second winner will be notified and will be able to make their choice, and so on with the rest of the winners.

Giveaway Prizes:

Black and Decker Thermal Leak Detector *
HomePower 1 year digital subscription
Modern Hydronic Heating by John Siegenthaler (1st edition, used) *
Niagara Conservation Earth® Showerhead – 1.25 GPM MODEL #N2912
P3 International Kill a Watt *
P3 International Save a Watt - TV Standby Killer *
The Energy Detective TED 5000-G whole house electricity meter *
Waterpik ECO-533 1.5 GPM showerhead

I would like to thank the companies listed above. They have agreed to donate the above items for our giveaway winners!

Good luck to all the entrants!

* Donated by EcoRenovator

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	er-giveaway.jpg
Views:	1395
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	3594  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 11-06-13 at 09:06 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
ctgottapee (11-07-13), pinballlooking (11-14-13)
Old 11-07-13, 07:24 AM   #2
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

This new TED 5000G looks very interesting.. But it says "embedded" Footprints software.
IIRC, Footprints software never had a good reputation..?.
I never liked my old version when I had it installed on my old system. It ended up on an old laptop.
Old 11-07-13, 07:49 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

There is no software to install. You simply connect to the TED and the web software running on the unit is pulled up. You could always buy the display separate if that is what you want. I have never really had a use for it though. You can use a tablet or smart phone to do the same thing and the footprints software is IMO much more robust and has so much more info that its not worth paying more for the display.

I'm not sure what you mean by the footprints software not having a good reputation. Its worked really well for me.

&

Last edited by Daox; 11-07-13 at 07:53 AM..
Old 11-14-13, 09:35 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

So, I see the giveaway has stirred up a flurry of activity, which is part of its intent. As always we like to see feedback to the giveaway. Any thoughts?

&
Old 11-25-13, 12:32 PM   #5
Daox
Administrator

We're on the home stretch now. Only 1 week left.

&
Old 12-01-13, 05:39 PM   #6
RobbMeeX
Eco OWNER!!

I hope I won something. I like free stuff!
Old 12-02-13, 08:18 AM   #7
Daox
Administrator

We have selected the winners. As I mentioned in the first post, the winners have been selected at random from the posts made between then and now. That includes posts 32845 to 33626. We made 781 posts in the past three weeks, each one an entry to the giveaway. So, without further delay, the winners are:

1) 33305 - Jeff5may
2) 33553 - Mikesolar
3) 33389 - Xringer
4) 32845 - Sunspot
5) 33516 - Servicetech

Congratulations guys!

As I mentioned the first winner gets first pick of the prizes, second winner gets second pick from what is left and so on and so forth. Each winner will be notified via PM when the previous winner(s) have made their decision and what prizes are left.

If the winner finds that there is nothing s/he can use or give to someone they know, we would like to encourage them to decline their prize. We will select an additional winner in this case. The goal here is to see these items put to good use, not sit around collecting dust.

As a reminder, these are the available prizes:

Black and Decker Thermal Leak Detector
HomePower 1 year digital subscription
Modern Hydronic Heating by John Siegenthaler (1st edition, used)
Niagara Conservation Earth® Showerhead – 1.25 GPM MODEL #N2912
P3 International Kill a Watt
P3 International Save a Watt - TV Standby Killer
The Energy Detective TED 5000-G whole house electricity meter
Waterpik ECO-533 1.5 GPM showerhead

&

Last edited by Daox; 12-17-13 at 10:44 AM..
Old 12-02-13, 01:35 PM   #8
Daox
Administrator

Jeff5may has chosen a Black and Decker Thermal Leak Detector.

&
Old 12-02-13, 02:00 PM   #9
Daox
Administrator

Mikesolar has taken the Energy Detective TED 5000-G whole house electricity meter.

&
Old 12-02-13, 03:26 PM   #10
Daox
Administrator

Xringer also went with the Black and Decker Thermal Leak Detector.

&