EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 09-20-13, 09:28 AM   #1
sofi53
Lurking Renovator

Default Hello from Sofi, slipstick Italian-speaking pep band leader from 1971!

Just starting my significant remodeling to my 1992 ranch style w/ exposed basement, has all the potential to become a solar showpiece, if I can manage my finances doing it. With my nuke submarine and shore training facility experience, I hope to harness solar and wind, concurrently ready the place for floods and high winds at the top of a hill (don't try to reason that out) It's going to be an adventure, and I can use suggestions well-thought out (I don't want to waste your time or mine) I'll try to keep you all updated with my successes. Vote for me! (humor from the weak side) I'm also fairly new to forums.

sofi53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 09:48 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site sofi53.

We would like to hear about your house and the plans you have, do share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
sofi53 (09-20-13)
Old 09-20-13, 11:17 AM   #3
sofi53
Lurking Renovator

As soon as I figure out how to upload foto's, I'll take a picture of the place and give an indication of why I think the place is well suited, it'll be here. As far as plans go, I plan on first incorporating solar hot water, next will be electric and wind. I am currently taking a solar design course with Ontility, so as to turn knowledge into usable income, in conjunction with my Workforce Education degree, the future is a bright one. The first adventure is now with installing a spur line for a water spigot on one end of the home, using PEX, which is to me, after working at a hardware store with my uncle, for a year after returning home from a Mormon mission, back in the '70's, and before entering the Navy, a semi miracle, after cutting my technical teeth on soldering and installing rudimentary plumbing, cutting copper tubing, and smoking electrical connections. Like I say, an adventure (in survival)
sofi53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 11:42 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

Well, let me help you out then:

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/forum-...-pictures.html

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote