Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-10, 11:55 AM   #1
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Default Piwoslaw's conservation thread

Now that I've got a whole two years of data on our water usage, I decided this is a good moment to start my own conservation thread. And I'll start with water, since that's what I can brag about Electricity and maybe gas will come in the future.

I've been recording the water meter's state twice a month since November 2008 (actually, now I record every 5 days, but twice a month is good enough resolution) and here is a graph with average daily consumption, in cubic meters (1000 liters, 264 US gallons).

The blue line is average daily water consumption for each half-month, the red and yellow lines are daily consumption for the preceeding half-year and year, respectively. Between 11.2008 and 11.2009 our average was 0.28 m3 per day, while between 11.2009 and 11.2010 it was down to 0.23

The higher consumption in 04-05.2009 was lawn watering, before we got our first rain barrel installed. In we 2010 we got two more barrels and they took care of garden watering until a long heat wave/drought, hence the spike in 07.2010. The dips were when either the Wife and I or Dad-in-law were gone for 2 weeks at a time. During the last 2 months we used some rainwater for flushing (about one 8-liter bucket every 1-2 days).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1038  
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote