EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-17, 02:48 PM   #51
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Railing Quotes

Heres some railing quotes i have got from iron ridge . Xr10 seems is the base . xr100 is little over the base. Is there any one out there that knows how to look over this and see if this looks about right . Way its looking unirack and iron ridge are both close to the same price. I so far am likeing iron ridges stuff. Will be doing 2 rows of 6 and 2 rows of 5 on my shop.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xr10.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	7927   Click image for larger version

Name:	xr100.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	7928  
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 04:34 PM   #52
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
Ive since decided to do grid tie with solar edge and power optomizers . P320 and solar edge hd 6000. Had pretty much thought about the microinverters . But after several weeks on youtube and on this site decided the optomizers were going to be what i go with . Will be ordering those on monday from renvu. Unless i find somewhere cheaper to go with.
Had a company try to tell me that the power optomizers may not work and would throw error codes with my ecosolargy 230 watt panels. I couldnt find any where i could 100% confirm this in writing but after looking at the specs i am almost positive that was a sales tactic to make me get emphase from them.

But in the future i may add a small battery bank for backup for small things . The power grid here is very reliable unless you have a bad storm. We didnt even loose power in this little hurricane that just came through last night.
My intertie is in about 6 years now. Solar Edge running Bosch 230W modules and a 6k Solar Edge interface. Very efficient!
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robaroni For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (10-08-17)
Old 10-08-17, 04:45 PM   #53
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

here are some screen shots:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	7929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	7930  
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robaroni For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (10-08-17)
Old 10-09-17, 01:27 PM   #54
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

So mondays here. Bought 22 of the p320 optomizers along with xr10 ironridge railing. Couldnt decide on this or xr100. Being we dont see snow . I couldnt justify buying the xr100 or 1000s. I will be mounting closer togather than they say though probably. And will be using 3inch half inch lag screws to mount them. Also bought the stickers . Now i have to get the inverter . Have my fingers crossed hoping that renvu will run a sale on the inverter. But highly doubting that it happens when i get the money. At least now i have the stuff to get the ball rolling for mounting my panels on the roof when i have spare time instead of just sitting in the shop. . I did see they were supposed to be here the 12th . .
Old 10-16-17, 10:26 PM   #55
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Have a question about your racking . I am trying to see where it is that i will need to run my racking . Seems evenly on the panel would be best . But when i got to thinking about it Would you mount the racking so they are at the top and bottom of each panel or down some Really have not gave it much thought until the racks came in today and i got to thinking only 1 shot to get it right.
Old 10-16-17, 11:16 PM   #56
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

It looks like according to iron ridge the panels when laid out should be 19ft11 inches wide and 21 ft 6 inches deep.. I went with the 16 of the 11ft rails.
My panels are 64.5 "tall and 39.06 wide. I was going to measure about 6 inches from the top of the panel and put a rail and at 58.5 from the top for the lower part of the panel put the lower rail . Does this sound about right .

Optomizer spacing. According to solar edge they say space them out about 3 ft . ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	solar.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	7935  
Old 10-17-17, 08:09 PM   #57
where2
DIY Geek

My rail to rail rack spacing was mandated by wind load calculations. The panel manufacturers typically show a spacing for the rails (rail to rail) measurement, to predict a certain loading ability. Look at the panel mounting instruction sheet, if your supplier didn't send one, check the panel manufacturer website.

Typically (for portrait mounting), you'd take the long dimension of the panel (64.5"), divide it by 4, leave 25% overhang off the top (16"), 50% of the length of the panel as a gap between (32"), and 25% overlap off the bottom (16"). The more you space the rails apart (rail to rail), the less wind load the panels can typically handle.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
nokiasixteth (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 09:03 PM   #58
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

That makes sense. I havent got my shipment of panels yet still . I got racking optomizers ground wire and pv wire and all the stickers but no panels in yet . I was looking on the one where it said mounting holes . Im guessing that may be for a camper or something like that. I will refigure my spacing. I would rather have more wind protection than less.
Old 10-18-17, 09:04 PM   #59
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default pic

pic of the mount pic for ecosolargy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ecosolargy.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	7936  
Old 10-18-17, 09:35 PM   #60
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Looks like that would make the railing 32 " apart I want the top of my pannel to have at least a 6 inch gap from the top of my shop . Would like more but dont have enough roof space.
1st rail 22"
2nd rail 54"
3rd rail 86"
4th rail 118"
5th rail 150"
6th rail 182"
This should put my panels where i have around a 6 inch on top. And on bottom . On the sides . I should have around 33 inches of space on both sides.