EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 06-13-17, 12:44 PM   #1
lactroi
Lurking Renovator

Default Minisplit air temp

My ac is blowing out air that's 49 degrees is this normal or it should be cooler

lactroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 06:13 AM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Not enough info to tell. Please tell us more.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 08:06 PM   #3
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

19-25 degrees cooler than ambient is the standard range on a central system. The difference depends on how the mini-split is configured to operate which can vary by manufacturer.

Increase airflow and the temperature difference will be less but more of the cooling capacity will be with more BTUs removed as sensible heat, which will result in a cooler area but with less latent BTUs removed, as a ratio.

Decreased airflow will increase the temperature difference which will increase latent BTUs removed compared to sensible BTUs, which will dehumidify the space better but won't cool the space down as quickly.

With less or more moisture in the air, the temperatures change too. With an inverter mini-split, the compressor can speed up and slow down as well as the indoor fan speed up and slow down, so there could be a number of configurations of speeds that would result with different temperatures blowing from the indoor coil.

The temperature you are seeing isn't out of the ordinary. My central air system pushes air at close to a 25 degree drop because the duct work isn't quite up to the standard for the 800 CFM airflow that my furnace blower should deliver. I do get great moisture removal and comfort but this is at a higher expense if the same temperature setting is kept the same.

MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote