EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-12, 06:10 PM   #1
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Default getting booted out

Am I the only one who gets booted out fast? I have to sign in often, bit annoying really as it doesn't happen on other sites.

Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 07:57 PM   #2
S-F
You Ain't Me

You mean your cookie.... doesn't exist? I sign into this site directly once every time I reinstall my OS (it's been 2.5 years now) and when I get a new device (happened once when I got a tablet last spring). Are there settings to select from when logging in? I know many sites give the option to select when your cookie will expire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 08:05 PM   #3
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

I could be reading some long post to which I also write a long response. I then hit POST and it tells me to log in again. I do this and have to write my post again (unless I remember to copy it). I wouldn't know where to do any cookie stuff.
Old 12-02-12, 08:12 PM   #4
S-F
You Ain't Me

Yeah. That sounds like it sucks. Has this kind of thing happened to you before here or just recently? You might want to scrap your cookie for this site and log in fresh and new making sure that (if the opportunity is presented) you choose to have your cookie never expire.

In the mean time I suggest you type your posts in a word editor and then copy/paste into your post. I know that's the best way to do things but I rarely do so myself. Like now. I'm writing straight into the forum interface.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
Old 12-02-12, 08:14 PM   #5
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

How do you scrap your cookie?
Old 12-02-12, 08:25 PM   #6
S-F
You Ain't Me

Depends on the browser. Honestly I haven't had to do thins kind of thing in so long I'm outta the loop. I know that for FireFox you can browse them and delete them individually (See link). We have members here who are more up to date on the current tech by trade who might be able to give more insight. Otherwise Google shouldn't lead you astray in such a simple matter.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...w=1600&bih=838

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by S-F; 12-02-12 at 08:28 PM..
Old 12-02-12, 08:33 PM   #7
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

I scrapped a few cookies for this site but they don't really describe what they do. We shall see. Maybe I learned something...........or not
Old 12-02-12, 09:01 PM   #8
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Interesting...........I got rid of some cookies and it seem that I don't get kicked out fast. Time will tell.
Old 12-02-12, 09:35 PM   #9
Daox
Administrator

Thanks for the help S-F. Yeah, that is the normal procedure. Clear the cookies and log back in and click the 'remember me' box. You shouldn't ever have to login again unless you clear the cookies again or login on another computer.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote