EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Renovations & New Construction
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-15, 07:48 AM   #251
MishaB
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Yeah, I don't like doing the same thing over and over. Thankfully the time needed to do the work isn't bad at all. But, waiting for the drying has been a pain. I'm pushing to get this done as soon as I can, and you can't really speed up the drying process, or when the weather allows you to work.
Yeh at least it didn't go as bad as some of the examples MetroMPG showed!

Glad to see you're getting it sorted now though

MishaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 09:26 AM   #252
Daox
Administrator

This weekend my cousin came over and we finished up installing the rest of the window trim. I think it turned out very nice.

So, with this, the room is basically done. I just have to finish up a few odds and ends like stain the actual window, install electrical outlet covers, hanging the ceiling fan and putting down transition pieces for the flooring.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150425_221557.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	5171  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (04-30-15)
Old 04-27-15, 09:36 AM   #253
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It looks really nice! All that hard work is paying off.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:50 PM   #254
Daox
Administrator

I just noticed that I never really came back and said its done. But, its been done for a few months now haha. Its really nice to be done with a project like this. Perhaps it would be small for some, but for me (first time doing this) it was quite a bit of work.

&
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
where2 (10-26-15)
Old 10-28-15, 01:58 PM   #255
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Is the floor heating switched on yet?

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-15, 02:23 PM   #256
Daox
Administrator

Hah, no it isn't. I don't have any of the hydronic floor heating setup in my house right now.

&
Old 07-23-19, 08:32 AM   #257
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I don't think a popcorn ceiling would be tough to get rid of, but could be more time consuming than you expect.

We repainted a popcorn ceiling one time with a heavily loaded paint roller. Since we were going slow (trying to get full coverage on one coat) the wetness of the paint filled roller had the popcorn coming loose and falling off. So, it was our experience that when the ceiling gets wet enough, the popcorn will fall off of its own accord. It doesn't take water hose wetness, but I believe I'd wet a paint roller and go slowly back and forth and see what happens.
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 09:02 AM   #258
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

You can use KILZ to put one coat on it to cover it up works well.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/KILZ-Ori...0044/100371323

Don't put a heavy coat on it. Just enough to cover the stain seems to work best.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bamboo, diy, flooring, hydronic, remodel, superinsulate