EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Heating
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-20, 10:53 AM   #1
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Thumbs up I'm back for questions pertaining to my 2 systems

Many moons ago I built 2 systems..
Hot air collectors and a Drainback hot water collector system tied into domestic hot water and space heating utilizing a used runtal radiator.

If anyone is still here at the forum that was here years ago and has any questions pertaining to operation or construction of my 2 systems feel free to contact me anytime.

I'll give everyone an honest update here now..

The drainback hot water collector system is still cranking flawlessly. Not one problem at all.. no leaks, no pump failures.
The storage tank that I was using to collect hot water to send to my big radiator is still there however I learned that I just wasn't developing hot enough water using 2 hot water collectors to accomplish the mission so that part of the hot water system has not been used.

I still do heat and store hot water that is used to preheat the water entering my tankless hot water heater.

My 2 hot air collectors are functioning fine. Not one issue. The weather is taking it's toll on the sheathing but I plan on installing NEW poly carbonate soon.

any questions / contact me anytime.

Take care

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solarhotairpanels For This Useful Post:
skyking (12-24-20)