EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-18, 01:33 PM   #21
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Which report on production numbers do we believe. Electrac says that GM has produced over 20000 Bolts as of Dec 2017

Tesla is reported by Wikipedia over 300000 produced Maybe not all sold in the USA but that’s the number they have reported for Feb 2018

How is it one of the automotive giants have let this happen. I can’t believe their serious. They had the technology 20 years ago and they have been manufacturing vehicles for a hundred years ,wheels ,chassis ,seats ,steering wheel -the only thing different is the motor and batteries The balance of the car should seem familiar to them.

I guess it’s kinda like NASA. If you can return a rocket to the launch pad don’t you think we would have done that!!??

Complacency. We’ve always done it like that

Running out of cars for a manufacture the size of GM???? “ If I had 50 more cars I would have sold them all”

Internal combustion vehicles are making them money. That’s what they know and that’s what they are going to sell you.
I shouldn’t just highlight GM Pick one

It’s going to be interesting and I’m happy to have a seat to watch the outcome in the next few years

Randen

randen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-18, 11:17 AM   #22
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

OK OK

I will cease my ranting and move my efforts to more constructive work.

We have two EVs in the stable and are loving them. One just happens to be a famous GM product, an OEM electric S-10EV

I have not bought gasoline in 2 yrs. with the exception of borrowing my dads truck. Believe me it never gets old driving past a gasoline station. So for the bottom line saving more than $3500.00 per yr.

My concentrations are now focused on approaching Net Zero for my electrical needs.

See :Anyone working toward Off Grid
Old 04-09-18, 09:13 AM   #23
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

"McKinsey and A2Mac1 analyzed design choices that can help pave the way to profitable mass-market EVs."

This is a good read

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...***-market-evs

If you do not want to follow the link just google.
"McKinsey and A2Mac1 analyzed design choices "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 06:14 PM   #24
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

I know I promised to leave it alone but it seems I’m not the only skeptic

Randen
Old 04-11-18, 09:05 AM   #25
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

If you are considering buying a EV and will get a tax credit. Keep this chart in mind.

https://insideevs.com/top-6-automake...-credit-limit/

Chevy and Tesla are getting closer to no tax credit.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 04-11-18 at 10:40 AM..
Old 04-11-18, 10:38 AM   #26
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
If you are considering buying a EV and will get a tax credit. Keep this chart in mind.

https://insideevs.com/us-federal-750...ker-estimates/

Chevy and Tesla are getting closer to no tax credit.
That's the Jan 2017 link, here's a newer update for April 2018
https://insideevs.com/top-6-automake...-credit-limit/
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MN Renovator For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (04-11-18)
Old 05-08-18, 10:01 AM   #27
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Many new EV's coming to bad most of them are on the higher end.
VW is stepping up from everyday buyers.

"Can Tesla survive the surge of EV competitors from Jaguar, BMW, VW, and others?"
Tesla Killers: Rise of the E-Machines - Motor Trend

if you don't want to follow the link just google "Can Tesla survive the surge"
select motortrend link.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 05-08-18, 07:08 PM   #28
oil pan 4
Land owner

People may be concerned with catastrophic resale value like with the leaf.
Or not be sure they are going to have a place to charge.
Until I get 240v power out the the garage it could take up to 20 hours to recharge my leaf on 120v power if I run the battery down.
For me it's only a matter of time, at our last place I had four 240v receptacles, one for the backyard, one in the garage in addition to the dryer and one on either side of the house towards the front yard, all 30 to 70 amp circuits.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 01:11 AM   #29
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
I know I promised to leave it alone but it seems I’m not the only skeptic
Randen
When the masses switch to electric cars Im hoping Oil prices are reduced as a counter measure. Fuel prices will have to be cut by like 1/2 or all the commuters will be driving electric cars (which is good) just not good for the oil companies

As it is I have a VW diesel that I don't really want to get rid of

ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 01:49 AM   #30
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Ford is getting out of the car business and moving to a SUV and Truck only line up. I expect they will have electric trucks but who knows how predominate they will be...

Ford is cleaving an additional $11.5 billion from spending plans and dropping several sedans, including the Fusion and Taurus, from its lineup to more quickly reach an elusive profit target.

The automaker is almost doubling a cost-cutting goal to $25.5 billion by 2022, Chief Financial Officer Bob Shanks told reporters Wednesday. By not investing in next generations of any car for North America except the Mustang, the company now anticipates it’ll reach an 8 percent profit margin by 2020, two years ahead of schedule.

Ford is trying to kick-start a turnaround that’s yet to take hold almost a year after the board ousted its chief executive officer. Getting rid of slow-selling, low-margin car models and refocusing the company around more lucrative trucks and SUVs is a crucial element of new CEO Jim Hackett’s rebound bid. By 2020, almost 90 percent of Ford’s North American portfolio will be pickups or sport utility and commercial vehicles. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ad-margin-goal

ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote