EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-17, 10:33 PM   #91
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

The same thing happened when AC and I got the general purpose controller thread going. There is really no such thing as a standard configuration. Everyone has different equipment and goals, and it is very difficult to get everyone on the same page. What we ended up with was half a dozen rigs, each tailored to different configurations. In general, we failed to make a generic rig that anyone can use on what have you, but I still consider the endeavor relatively successful. Many of us produced working systems during the thread.

Since then, I have been made aware of the fact that there are generic control systems available for cheap on the market. I have purchased a few of them, and they do an excellent job for the price. I believe one of them was around 50 dollars, and the other was even less. The brand I bought is Qunda. They also make universal remote controls (go figure).

jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 01:38 AM   #92
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Yes you are correct, everyone has their own goals. The problem with the inverter is that the control system is so complex that the effort/reward for the 'community' is too high and I don't think it would ever be used other than as an interesting talking point.

The generic controllers are great if you just want to connect up and run with whatever you have built, I have one running on a system with under floor heating and it seems to work fine. The downside is you have no control or possibility of extending/experimenting etc. but as a basic quick cheap solution they seem to work fine.

I've now got my own 'home made' controller up and running so for anyone who wants that level of control complete with web interface then that is also an option. I'll publish it in a separate thread.

Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acuario For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (12-03-17), Lawrence (02-09-22)